Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i defer semester 2 of my final year?

Options
  • 25-03-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am studying social studies and i am in my final year. Due to certain circumstances i am unable to continue on in college this year. I am wondering could anyone tell me if i am able to defer the 2nd semester of my 4th and final year? Bearing in mind it is my awarding year so i am unsure if you are able to defer a semester in your final year?

Any information would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Id say you can but i am under the impression from the student handbook that you can only defer your exams to the next available sitting, which would be the August examination period. Betty Brennan in the examinations office will be able to clarify what your options are. She can be contacted on 090 644 2560.

I would also talk to the students union about your issue they may be able to advise you further. Their number is 090 6474388

• Registered Users Posts: 41 astarte

it is pointless to ask important questions in this thread because the correct answer might not reach you in time.... You need to get in there and talk to Betty, or better yet your head of department or head of school....asap!

Advertisement