Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to apply for a job?

Options
  • 25-03-2013 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm seriously considering getting into the real estate sector and hoping to apply for a masters in real estate come September. I have a law degree but no property related qualifications and only a tiny amount of experience in the area in general.

I would ideally like to apply to one of the medium to larger firms In Dublin but I am worried that because I have a lack of qualifications and experience that they will throw my cv and cover letter in the bin!

I would like to know if it's considered appropriate to phone their HR departments and enquire if they have any positions that they could see me suited for, either now or in the future given my current situation? And if it is ok is it beat to do this before or after sending in a speculative c v.Or does this annoy them? I'm lost as to how best get my foot in the door while commencing the masters.

Any constructive advice would be seriously appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

A new law passed last year requires all property professionals- except valuers- to have a full tertiary real estate qualification. Go to www.npsra.ie to view the regs. You can work as an admin person without a licence, and perform 'emergency' sales/lettings. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jessabell88

Thanks variety!

Advertisement