Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity billing period.

Options
  • 25-03-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Got my text from Airtricity in Feb reminding me to submit my meter reading. Did so but never got my bill. Last week logged onto my account to find a bill for €680 for three months. I live in a two bed apt by the way!!

My billing period has always been every two months. Called Airtricity with my primary concern being that my bill had gone up €480 since my last, but also asking why my bill period had changed.

I just got an email confirming my new bill 'agreement', but I've agreed nothing with them. Im already looking into the ridiculous bill amount, but can they change my billing period without any notice?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Prior to submitting the meter reading when was the last time you did this? Were you previous bills estimated as it sounds like they may have been,

• Registered Users Posts: 9 The Speaker

Ditto for me.
    Submitted meter readings online late Feb (in response to text) - still no bill as of today.
    This is not the first time I've had to beg Airtricity to send me a bill.
    No job since 2010, so budgeting crucial to survive (MABS please copy).
    Had enough of this - better to pay another supplier more just to get a regular bill - I have to find another supplier for electric and gas.
    I'd welcome any suggestions.

Advertisement