Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX Live connector.

Options
  • 25-03-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My son has an xbox 360 console. He wants to go onlinre and I need to get a wifi connector. Gamestop & Smyths no longer stock them but Peates have a standard usb connector available. Can you please advise if this will work with the console.

Regards,

WH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

What do you mean by a standard USB connector? If it's just a non-Xbox specific wireless USB adapter, it won't work.
    Also, which console is it? If its the XBOX 360 S (newer black one) it has wireless built in. If not, Argos or Amazon should have the official ones in stock, they are quite pricey though. You can see what they look like on this page. Harvey Norman at one stage had a lot of the older ones for quite cheap. This is what they look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'd get a set of Home-Network plugs instead. Probably cheaper and gives you a much better connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

mcgovern wrote: »
    What do you mean by a standard USB connector? If it's just a non-Xbox specific wireless USB adapter, it won't work.
    Also, which console is it? If its the XBOX 360 S (newer black one) it has wireless built in. If not, Argos or Amazon should have the official ones in stock, they are quite pricey though. Harvey Norman at one stage had a lot of them for quite cheap.

Or if its easier to run a cable from the router....its cheaper alright.....and more reliable speeds. I have the wifi built in xbox but just use the cable anyway.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Moved to Xbox forum.

You might want to look into getting them second hand since they can be ridiculously expensive otherwise.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Moved to Xbox forum.

You might want to look into getting them second hand since they can be ridiculously expensive otherwise.

My brother got a second hand one in the second hand games shop across from the ilac centre for 20 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

mcgovern wrote: »
    Also, which console is it? If its the XBOX 360 S (newer black one) it has wireless built in. If not, Argos or Amazon should have the official ones in stock, they are quite pricey though. You can see what they look like on this page. Harvey Norman at one stage had a lot of the older ones for quite cheap. This is what they look like.

Yeah McG it would not be xbox specific so that answers my question.

My brother got a second hand one in the second hand games shop across from the ilac centre for 20 quid

Any idea what the shop is called ?

none its a big shop where the jewelers used to be, its painted red cant miss it if ya walk down there

Got one in Argos Naas, expensive little fecker, €53.99

Thanks for all the help.

WH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

none its a big shop where the jewelers used to be, its painted red cant miss it if ya walk down there
    CEX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

....... /pre empts OP's next question "where is the cheapest place to get a live subscription " see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

calex71 wrote: »
    ....... /pre empts OP's next question "where is the cheapest place to get a live subscription " see here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688
    Youre on the ball Calex XD

Advertisement