Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSB Collection

• 25-03-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I currently collect my JSB from the Post Office on a Wednesday however I was thinking of going away next week from Tues to Fri. Will the JSB still be available to collect the following Monday morning?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

I think you will need to go to the local SW office and tell them so that the payment can be held longer in the PO

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SC Kevin

Should be fine, you can collect it up until Saturday (i had a similar situation when i was on JSB so i asked my local social welfare office and thats what they told me)

No harm in ringing your own local one anyway just to be sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

Apply for Holidays (form UP30) and they will sort out the payment for you. Payments will be running early this week because of double holidays so I would go in as early as possible.

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    Apply for Holidays (form UP30) and they will sort out the payment for you. Payments will be running early this week because of double holidays so I would go in as early as possible.

The OP is only going away for a dew days, the UP30 form is if you are going away for a few weeks holidays

SC Kevin wrote: »
    The OP is only going away for a dew days, the UP30 form is if you are going away for a few weeks holidays

A UP30 is for any holiday period, regardless of the time frame. You are only entitled to 12 days in any calendar year.

• Advertisement

A UP30 is for any holiday period, regardless of the time frame. You are only entitled to 12 days in any calendar year.

Now that i didnt know (mainly cause i havent been on holidays is a few years :P )

Still, does the OP really need to use this form for only a few days, what if he has hols booked later on in the year, i presume he cant use this form again?

You can use this more than once up to the 12 days (excluding Sunday's, i.e. 2 weeks). There would be 9 days holidays left for the rest of the year.

As the payments are running early there is a chance the payment might have expired by the Saturday. The only way to delay the payment run is by applying for holidays.

Best thing to do would be to go in and ask them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I actually just called the Post Office who said it gets sent back on the following Monday morning but I should be able to collect if early on Monday. They also said that they do not pay out on a Saturday. I can see it going Pear shaped if I go in on Monday morning!

You can use this more than once up to the 12 days (excluding Sunday's, i.e. 2 weeks). There would be 9 days holidays left for the rest of the year.

As the payments are running early there is a chance the payment might have expired by the Saturday. The only way to delay the payment run is by applying for holidays.
    What does running early mean? Will it be available before Wednesday?

• Advertisement

mattb74 wrote: »
    What does running early mean? Will it be available before Wednesday?
    Hi Sue Ellen, could you clarify this please?

Advertisement