Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doolin Traditional Festival

Options
  • 25-03-2013 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭

There's a great traditional music weekend coming up in June in Doolin, Co. Clare. I'm a local from the area and I think it looks very exciting. Lots of great acts such as Luka Bloom, Scullion, Steve Cooney, Martin Hayes, We Banjo 3, Iarla O’Lionaird, Donal Lunny, Hermitage Green, Andy Irvine, Fidil, I Draw Slow, Beoga, John Spillane, Edel Fox etc.

It's kind of everybody you want to see in the one place! I'm surprised Sharon Shannon hasn't been co-opted as she's only from down the road. Same with the Kilfenora Ceili band as well, though both acts might be touring and it's early days yet as well I suppose.

Not affiliated with this at all. I'm just from the area so I'm pretty excited about it and said I'd let people know as I only heard about it yesterday myself. I hope it'll be a success. Glad we finally have something big and decent down there again. Back about 2000 there was an attempt to relaunch the Lisdoonvarna festival that fell foul to some local opposition. This looks to revive the spirit of the old Lisdoonvarna festival so fingers crossed it's a great success. As Christy says, "If it's music you want, go to Clare!" :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rufty

That is some line up. What weekend in June is it set for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Mid June, June 13,14 & 15 if I'm not mistaken. It's that weekend anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yeshboyz

looking forward to this, great line up

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

looking to buy a weekend ticket if anybody has one going

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rufty

Not back home to Clare until a week later (moving home for good). Sorry to be missing it. Make sure to check out Hermitage Green. Absolutely brilliant band! (And nice guys to boot).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Heading home for the weekend later! Can't wait to get to it now! Really looking forward to Martin Hayes tonight. Lunny & Irvine are going to be epic!!!

Advertisement