Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

carers allowance & sw inspector

• 25-03-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

hi all just wondering if any1 can tell me the timeframe fom when i'v seen inspector until i get payment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I think as long as you have all your bank statements and any other info requested it is not very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Miss Black, how did you get on, were you sorted yet

• Registered Users Posts: 21 miss black

would you believe it only got the letter this morning!payment starts on 2/5/13,thank god its all sorted,6 months in total

Thats brilliant! Great load off I'm sure. I rang them about mine this morning and they told me that the cliam is still with the medical examiner even though the community welfare officer rang them 2 weeks ago and they told her that they didn't think the claim would be much longer! Anyway fingers crossed. I came off carers benefit and thought everything would be straight forward!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pasque

we have visit SWinspector two weeks ago, app file still with inspector.
    waiting time now from march last year.
    we cant get any date when that be finish...

miss black your arrears you will also be paid from the date of the recive your application??

tx.

• Advertisement

hi pasque,i suppose it depends what part of the country your in some inspectors have a bigger work load than others,it took 2 weeks from when inspector called until carers had a desision,got my letter last monday dated 5th april so took 17 days for the letter to come,my payment is starting the 2/5 next thur & hopefully i will get the arrears then also

thanks for the quick response :)
    hope i get answer soon.
    You sure if they pay arrears??
    my app its from march last year, now its over one year arrears?? they pay all this ??
    tx.

yes you will get paid from the date of application,if you have been getting any payments ie fis,jobseekers this will be deducted from arrears,if not you will get 13 months of carers paid in arrears,you should hear very soon x

Miss Black.
    Tx so much i hoope all go quickly now.
    :)

Edit...
    my husband is on back to work allowance, i get then half rate payment?
    i check on www.citizen and nothin about carer allowance.

i'm not sure how back to work affects your payment,if you ring carers section they might be able to tell you,no harm to ring & check what stage your claim is at.good luck let me know how you get on

• Advertisement

ok. i try to ring carers today. i let you know if any progress with my app. :)
    have nice weekend :)

Hi Folks 2 quick questions!!! I know that both of you had the inspector out with you, did you also get asked by someone in the department for updated information to send into the department? Or did you hear from the inspector first??

Also, do you know how long your claim was with the medical examiner (if it was with the dr).

Nelly 21.
    We have just inspector visit in home.
    and before that we send all our bank acc information.
    we get letter from Carers office.
    Nothing more.

pasque wrote: »
    Nelly 21.
    We have just inspector visit in home.
    and before that we send all our bank acc information.
    we get letter from Carers office.
    Nothing more.

Thanks for your speedy reply!!! Anxious times waiting for your claim to be processed!!! Best of luck to you with yours!!!

Hi all.
    I just get free travel pass today, but no any letter, no any information with.
    How long now i have to wait for any news ( meaby good news ) from carer's?
    I hope that be no to long now :)

Have nice weekend for all :)

Judging by other posts on boards I think thats good news that you got!!!! Different departments look after the carers and free travel and I think that sometimes Information gets out quicker about the free travel! You wouldn't get the free travel without the carers so its looking good!!!!!

I don't think you'll be waiting long for conformation from carers!

Good news :) Tx God.
    Now is 14 mth my waiting time....:(
    but now i see a light in the tunnel ;)
    i hope before 15th we get some info.

if you got travel pass it means you got carers!,ring them on tues and they'll tell you when payment starts about arrears ect:)

Ok. I ask carers tuesday. I hope i get some right answer now. I think all who answer ph in Longford office know me very well :-) loads of ph calls last 8 months.
    I hope that be my last one...
    If any news i post in tuesday. :-)
    Enjoy bank holiday weekend to all:-)

no news...
    Carer office close today...
    only info about bank holiday day off..

edit :)

office open ( after 10 am)
    by phone i get info if my payments start at 23 may
    happy day for me :))
    14 months waiting time

• Advertisement

thats brill,congrats & well done,did you find out about your arrears?you'll get a letter prob next week from them,have you applied for household benifits package?

Miss black im so happy today. that was long...long time for me.
    My first payment is 23 may and arrears. she (lady form office) told me if that be cpl weeks after first payment.
    About that household benefits package, tx very much i send app today. i wait for info from carers :)
    Tx again for help.

i just dont know how long be that cpl weeks for arrears...hope no to long.
    :)

when you apply for household benifit package,put a note in with it asking for it to be backdated to when you applied for carers

I spoke with carers office today.
    From 23 my payment start, then back payment should be from march last year until payment start.
    If my husband is on back to work allowance how much they can cut from my payments?
    I try to ask but i cnat get right answer.
    I check on citizen ie and its nothing about back to work allowance.
    Only jobseeker benefit and jobseker allowance when husband or partner recive this.
    If anybody know pls...
    Tx

I spoke with carers office today.
    From 23 my payment start, then back payment should be from march last year until payment start.
    If my husband is on back to work allowance how much they can cut from my payments?
    I try to ask but i cnat get right answer.
    I check on citizen ie and its nothing about back to work allowance.
    Only jobseeker benefit and jobseker allowance when husband or partner recive this.
    If anybody know pls...
    Tx

I'm not too sure about this. If you are entitled to full rate carers I'd imagine all they can take from it is whatever your husband received in his BTWA payment from SW for you (as a QA dependant). Did they tell you taht you are entitled to Full rate carers

Nelly21 i have letter 204 plus 29.80 for 2 qualified children.
    I just think if they can get something from 233.80
    Husband go for BTWA 4 or 5 mnts before we send app for CA.
    And no change all this waiting time just BTWA now is 75% only. Its less 25% on second year.

Nelly21 i have letter 204 plus 29.80 for 2 qualified children.
    I just think if they can get something from 233.80
    Husband go for BTWA 4 or 5 mnts before we send app for CA.
    And no change all this waiting time just BTWA now is 75% only. Its less 25% on second year.

Then I think that if your husband was claiming for you on his BTWA then thats all they will take away. If you are getting full rate then they are not taking anything for his earnings. As he is working, based on his earnings, they are giving you a half rate payment for your children.

It was such a long wait and you must be thrilled to have it all sorted.

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Then I think that if your husband was claiming for you on his BTWA then thats all they will take away. If you are getting full rate then they are not taking anything for his earnings. As he is working, based on his earnings, they are giving you a half rate payment for your children.

It was such a long wait and you must be thrilled to have it all sorted.

on citizen i check :

-You cannot get Jobseeker's Benefit (JB) or Jobseeker’s Allowance (JA) and half-rate Carer's Allowance because you must be actively seeking employment and be available to take up employment to qualify for JA and JB. However, you may qualify for half-rate Carer's Allowance if your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant is getting JA or JB and claiming for you as a qualified adult dependant.

nothing there about BTWA then i think if they cant cut my payment.

we see when i have lodgment.
    i think june...meaby.

That waiting time was very long...im happy now.
    its very hard get some info by ph call.
    i hope that be finish for me soon :)

on citizen i check :

-You cannot get Jobseeker's Benefit (JB) or Jobseeker’s Allowance (JA) and half-rate Carer's Allowance because you must be actively seeking employment and be available to take up employment to qualify for JA and JB. However, you may qualify for half-rate Carer's Allowance if your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant is getting JA or JB and claiming for you as a qualified adult dependant.

nothing there about BTWA then i think if they cant cut my payment.

we see when i have lodgment.
    i think june...meaby.

That waiting time was very long...im happy now.
    its very hard get some info by ph call.
    i hope that be finish for me soon :)

I think we had some crossed wires!!!! I think if you're husband wasn't claiming anything for you then there won't be money taken from your arrears! Best of luck!

• Advertisement

tx.
    If i know something more i let know straight :)

Best of luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 miss.o.c.

hi all was just wondering when the inspector calls to you can he root around ur house eg in bedroom closets ect

i woul'nt think so

waiting 11mts now and its with d inspector 2 mts havent heard any thing from him about visit or anything. they have all statments bank c.u. ect. how long till he even visits me?????

miss.o.c. wrote: »
    hi all was just wondering when the inspector calls to you can he root around ur house eg in bedroom closets ect

no. we have just short visit and chat. Inspector just ask ous about income, nothing about house.

try to ring inspector ask carers office about ph no.

Today got first lodgment.
    over 230

I dont know now if the cut something from my arrears or no...if i have 230 now meaby not...

another fiev weeks...

15 months waiting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Mollimop

I sent in application 2 weeks ago... yes I know only 2 weeks but got text back to say they received it and it was been looked at???? Is this a good sign??? Also when the person is not living with you does the welfare inspector still call to your house?

Mollimop wrote: »
    but got text back to say they received it and it was been looked at???? Is this a good sign???

this is sign if your app is in Longford office.

i sent in march 2012 and got txt msg too
    payment start 4 weeks ago
    arrears just today from march 2012.
    looooooooooooooooooong time was for me and the should give me payback for all ph calls to office :)

this is sign if your app is in Longford office.

i sent in march 2012 and got txt msg too
    payment start 4 weeks ago
    arrears just today from march 2012.
    looooooooooooooooooong time was for me and the should give me payback for all ph calls to office :)

OMG...... I have a long wait ahead of me, and maybe not to get anything at the end of it!!!! As my partner is self employed and has some property... Don't think I stand a chance. So its I've had to stop work to care for this lady as there is no one else..... Its actually costing me money each week with lost of wage, food travel etc.... Sorry just having a vent... haven't had my coffee yet...:eek:
    Why are the claims taking so long!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tina Sparkle

Hi,
    I've just had SW inspector at the house this morning (surprise visit) In respect of our carers allowance application. He went through all of our statements with a fine toothcomb! I take it from previous posts this is normal?
    He has given us 7 days to supply additional documents.
    Is this normal? If so, what happens next? Does it take long for a decision once I forward the additional documents?

Any info or experiences would be hugely appreciated :)

how long were u waiting for sw inspector to call??? he has all my doc 3mts n still no sign of him. almost 12mts waiting now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Tina Sparkle

Hi miss oc,
    I applied for DCA at the beginning of 2012, it was finally awarded in march 2013, sent in carers application in march 2013 as soon as DCA was awarded.
    I had no idea that a SW inspector would be calling.
    According to the office in Longford who look after the applications, there's a 12 week lead time on applications. They said it used to be a lot longer. Give them a call if you've been waiting a long time.

rang office n was told not to ring them again until the sw inspector has called. not a happy camper. rang sw inspector n he said he'd rin me back same day or following morn n heard nothing. that was 2mts ago

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ambera52

Hi all, I got confirmation text Recv. also original paper back to me but with no confirmation letter from SW, I left work caring for my young daughter she is LTI. my wife apply same time for domi care too and she dose not work, we do not know haw does this look like to get response or visits soon as we are struggling already?I sent them 2 application 2 weeks ago. also I am JSA thanks for reply
    she is type 1 Diabetic

Ambera52, how long has it taken to get this far?

Hi Mollimop, originals sent back in sealed envelope and text to my mobile. its all done within 5 working days, but no official names or confirmation letter with my original! strange

Hi ambera52 I got a text confirmation two weeks after sending it in but I haven't heard anything else no originals back or anything like that... I sent in my application 4 wks ago now, but the doctor sent in his part 8 wks ago (I was trying to get all the information together to send them) I wonder what date they will work from?

Hi Mollimop, first, I hope they file your doctor report into your application together.in your case I think you may need to give them a call for you to be sure they have your app and doctor report together. its hard to tell if I do not have Ref. no, but I send all my app. at once to avoid confu. have you applied for Domi care?

Hi Ambera52, I put a copy of the doctors report in with my application as well as them sending it in. Was is the Domi care, I have never heard of it.

Hi Mollimop,i think you should read the check list in part 9 again slow and T&C's in part 10 and notes that you should have sent your app. all at once and your doctor's report should be sent by you in the first place.by the way I only tell you my opinion and not responsible about the sw people and there contacts with you

still no sign of sw inspector. HE has all documentation since April 4/5th so heading for 5mtns now. almost 14mnts in total how d hell r people getting sorted in less than 6mnts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement