Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new fella

Options
  • 25-03-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

hi all , i just want to introduce myself as i'm new to the site , when i was young i had an awful stammer , so bad that sometimes i wished i would loose my voice altogether , i was prob about 9 or 10 years old , i went to speech therapy in carlow for a while , that didn't help at all , school was a nightmare and i left after my intercert , so for the next 25 years or so i had little tricks of my own like , don't order first in a pub and then just say "i'll have the same please" or " point to the item on the menu when ordering a meal " not a nice way to go through life , but i had to cope the best i could ,i'm 38 years old now,i have always had a fairly good job "carpenter by trade" but for the past five or so years my stammer has gone , some say it tends to "go away" as you get older , but what i think helped me was attitude and confidence , mostly attitude cos i used to think people were laughing and judging me , but then i just didn't give a s***t what people thought of me anymore , and i don't stammer anymore well 99% of the time anyway , there's so much more i could tell you , some other day hopefully , hope this can be of help to someone , best of luck martin

Advertisement