Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress - Change the header to be different on each page

Options
  • 25-03-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am presently designing a wordpress website and I wish to have a different header image on each page.

Can anybody recommend an easy to use plugin that will do this. I only have two to three pages on the website overall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

You could just use a page template for each page and add a different header for each via css

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The CSS route would work, although Wordpress supports "Featured Images" that may be worth looking into, particularly if they will change frequently, see here, to manually make your theme support them see here

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

We use a combination of http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/smart-wysiwyg-blocks-of-content/
    and http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dynamic-widgets/

Dynamic widgets allows you to show a widget on specific pages only.
    Smart blocks make it easy for users who dont know html - rather than just using the text widget with actual html in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

The free Atahulpa theme does this. Its all ready set up with three different headers you just change the headers and add more if you need to.
    You get the theme on WordPress.Org

• Registered Users Posts: 44 benny306

This could be of interest to you. From the Wordpress Codex.

You would have to create a header-home.php, header-404.php and of course, header.php file with 3 different headers.

<?php
    if ( is_home() ) :
    get_header( 'home' );
    elseif ( is_404() ) :
    get_header( '404' );
    else :
    get_header();
    endif;
    ?>

• Advertisement
Advertisement