Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Jobs in USA

Options
  • 25-03-2013 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

If anyone who went on a J1 before or who is currently working over there maybe you can give out some job-hunting tips, what to avoid, what to go for, how to search, success/horror stories and anything else work related for students

so far the only ways i know to look for jobs is
    - The jobs database
    - Craigslist
    - Walking around when i arrive

are they the only ways of looking?

hopefully i can get tipped work like bar man or waiter etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Check out the websites of some of the larger chain restaurants. TGI Fridays, Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, Red Lobster, Chili's, California Pizza Kitchen, Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, P.F Changs, Outback Steakhouse, Longhorn Steakhouse are just some that I can think of off the top of my head, but there are loads more. All or most of them have restaurants all over the country. You can apply online with most of them.

If you are going to submit your application or CV online, you may want to have someone look over it first, and change the format of it and the spelling over to the US versions. ( CV vs Resume, Honour vs Honor and Organization vs Organisation etc etc.) It would be a shame if your application was passed over just because some one thought that you couldn't spell, or didn't know the correct term for things.

Advertisement