Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NY&SanFran Hotels so expensive, cheaper alternatives?

Options
  • 25-03-2013 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭

Rough plan is two of us staying a week in new york and a week in san francisco in September.
    Initial research suggesting a grand per week in hotels...can this be the case? Definitely cant afford this.
    Looking for cheaper alternatives. Is apartment rental viable? Staying in New Jersey rather than new york? Somewhere outside San Fran.
    We are not totally stuck on staying in either city for the whole duration, so feeo free to suggest anything. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Any time I go to New York I stay in Jersey City. It's only a two dollar fifteen minute train journey to the centre of Manhatten, and the hotels, while not cheap by our standards are half the price of the Manhatten equivalent.

This is where I usually stay, and although it's not somewhere you would take someone to propose to them, it's perfectly fine. I hear good things about the hotels in Long Island City in Queens too, but as I usually fly into Newark I've never stayed in them.

Advertisement