Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery Charge after Purchase

Options
  • 25-03-2013 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a sofa in Costplus and paid my deposit. When they sent out the receipt there was a hand written note on the bottom informing me of a €75 euro delivery charge.
    There was no mention of any delivery charge at the time of purchase dspite discussion of when it would be delivered. Am I right to feel slightly aggrieved about this-I would have thought that all charges should me mentioned before the purchase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

3. Delivery
    3.1 A small charge of €75 is made for our delivery and installation services (Beds are delivered to room of use only and not installed. Tables are generally supplied for customer home assembly.) for deliveries made in Republic of Ireland, within a 60km radius of any Cost Plus Sofas Branch

5. Prices
    All prices are shown in €s and include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise.

http://www.costplussofas.ie/

Did they mention free delivery at any stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Thanks for reply Jarren.
    They did not mention delivery charge at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

harpsman wrote: »
    Thanks for reply Jarren.
    They did not mention delivery charge at any stage.

That wasn't the question...

sorry-wasnt doin a politician on it;misread question.

no,they did not mention free delivery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Did you not think to ask if delivery was free? It's not a DVD you're buying, it's a sofa, it kinda goes without saying that there's a delivery charge.

• Advertisement

No,forgot to ask.My slight gripe was that I figured its up to the vendor to inform of charges,even when they re normally added.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Usually they mention it but these days they know you will haggle over it. Up to u to bring it up. U could still haggle and pull out of sale and lose deposit.

i think the message im gettin is "get over it and pay the delivery".
    fair enough.might try to get em to knock few quid off del. charge anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Jarren wrote: »
    3. Delivery
    3.1 A small charge of €75 is made for our delivery and installation services (Beds are delivered to room of use only and not installed. Tables are generally supplied for customer home assembly.) for deliveries made in Republic of Ireland, within a 60km radius of any Cost Plus Sofas Branch

5. Prices
    All prices are shown in €s and include VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rates but exclude delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise.

http://www.costplussofas.ie/

Did they mention free delivery at any stage ?

What's on the website isn't really relevant if the purchase was made in the store.

Presumably when you paid the deposit you signed something. If that said there was a delivery charge, then fair enough.
    But it's up to them to clearly inform you of all charges up front, if they didn't, I'd be looking for free delivery my deposit back.

Advertisement