Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Service and New Contract

Options
  • 25-03-2013 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

Hi there I have a few problems in the last few weeks.

1.  I received a phone call and agreed to a new contract in early March, the guy said he would sent out the details of my new plan but I didn't receive this (neither by email or post) and have since gotten the letter to say I'm on a new contract for 12 months but I have no idea what it is. This letter was dated 5th March but I didn't get it until 22nd March - So now I'm on a new plan and well past the 7 day cooling off period.  

2. Last week 20th March my phone line stopped working, I called 1901 and realised I hadn't paid my bill - my own fault no problem there. However when I needed to find out if the line was off because of late payment or a line fault I couldn't get through to a human.  The option to report a fault advised that I may be charged but I couldn't find out if it was a fault or to do with the late payment.  I ended up contacting tech as they were the only humans available to me, the guy was extremely unhelpful, kept interrupting me before I could state my problem and then hung up on me.

3. Before the tech 'support' hung up on me I had asked to speak to a manager, he said the manager would call me back. He couldn't tell me if it would be the same day. I'm still waiting on that call back.

4. My partner called tech the following day and the guy was able to tell him there was a fault - why could tech not tell me that the previous day? He was quite helpful and the fault was fixed eventually, the repair man rang me and that was great.  However 1901, tech support and new contract people have let me down. If this is what I can expect in future I am considering changing provider as my broadband is progressively getting slower and I'm not inclined to ring tech again...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kerash wrote: »
    Hi there I have a few problems in the last few weeks.

1.  I received a phone call and agreed to a new contract in early March, the guy said he would sent out the details of my new plan but I didn't receive this (neither by email or post) and have since gotten the letter to say I'm on a new contract for 12 months but I have no idea what it is. This letter was dated 5th March but I didn't get it until 22nd March - So now I'm on a new plan and well past the 7 day cooling off period.  

2. Last week 20th March my phone line stopped working, I called 1901 and realised I hadn't paid my bill - my own fault no problem there. However when I needed to find out if the line was off because of late payment or a line fault I couldn't get through to a human.  The option to report a fault advised that I may be charged but I couldn't find out if it was a fault or to do with the late payment.  I ended up contacting tech as they were the only humans available to me, the guy was extremely unhelpful, kept interrupting me before I could state my problem and then hung up on me.

3. Before the tech 'support' hung up on me I had asked to speak to a manager, he said the manager would call me back. He couldn't tell me if it would be the same day. I'm still waiting on that call back.

4. My partner called tech the following day and the guy was able to tell him there was a fault - why could tech not tell me that the previous day? He was quite helpful and the fault was fixed eventually, the repair man rang me and that was great.  However 1901, tech support and new contract people have let me down. If this is what I can expect in future I am considering changing provider as my broadband is progressively getting slower and I'm not inclined to ring tech again...

Hi kerash

Firstly I would like to take the opportunityto apologise for this negative experience you have had with eircom. I can understand that experiences like these cause allot of inconvenience and frustration.

I understand that being informed by arecorded voice message that you may incur a charge when reporting a line fault can be quite disappointing however a charge is only applicable if there was no issue with the line or services and the issue was a result of your internal set up (which was not the case for you). I have checked with accounts and they have confirmed with me that there is no 7 day cooling off period for a new package or renewal of contract and a 7 day cooling off period applies to new lines and services such as broadband and not call packages or contract renewals.

I will be able to confirm what plan you areon if you would like to send me a private message with your eircom account details and equally I shall look into the broadband issue and conduct some tests to see what may be the issue?

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Hi kerash

Firstly I would like to take the opportunityto apologise for this negative experience you have had with eircom. I can understand that experiences like these cause allot of inconvenience and frustration.

I understand that being informed by arecorded voice message that you may incur a charge when reporting a line fault can be quite disappointing however a charge is only applicable if there was no issue with the line or services and the issue was a result of your internal set up (which was not the case for you). I have checked with accounts and they have confirmed with me that there is no 7 day cooling off period for a new package or renewal of contract and a 7 day cooling off period applies to new lines and services such as broadband and not call packages or contract renewals.

I will be able to confirm what plan you areon if you would like to send me a private message with your eircom account details and equally I shall look into the broadband issue and conduct some tests to see what may be the issue?

Regards

Al
    They guy on the phone told me specifically there was a 7 day cooling off period.   I will send you that PM now.

Advertisement