Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child care for 2 weeks - need to go abroad

Options
  • 25-03-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I am living in Dublin and I need to go abroad for two week on June (or maybe July / August). I have two children (a boy of 8 and a girl of 14). Her mother cannot take care of them.

I can’t take them with me so I need advice on how I can have a child care for two weeks maybe at home. Or I was thinking about overnight summer camp but it seems to have only 5 days overnight here in Ireland.

If it is June, my son is still going to school so I just need someone for the evening / night.

Do you have any advice / suggestion, same experience as me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Grandparents first come to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't think you'll find anyone but a family member to do this kind of childcare. It's just too much responsibility to take on for anyone else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

this website give details on some camps that offer overnight stays, not a cheap option however.

http://www.all4kidsuk.com/category/activity-camps-childrens-overseas

If its travel through work, could you possibly look at bringing them with you along with an 'aupair' or older family member to mind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

http://www.aupairireland.ie/

Get an aupair for the two week's, would any of the parents of your children's friends be interested in taking them. Who takes the 8 year old on holiday's from school etc.

Advertisement