Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can anybody recommebd an all in one system?

• 25-03-2013 5:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37

Looking for a fairly decent system.

Already purchases monitor audio bx2's.

Was looking at the denon ceol or the marantz 603 equivalent all in one.

I wouldalso like to connect these up to my led tv and turntable(denon usb 600)

Is the ceol good?

Any recs appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I am also looking at the Denon Ceol at the moment but the RCD N7 version as I need to be able to play CDs on it and the networking capabilities would be secondary for me (but nice to have). My main concern is that as a non-apple user it seems very much geared towards apple products - interacts very well with iEverything - but not much else. Also, the Airplay feature is put out there as a big feature, but again if I am not an apple user is Airplay any use to me? Would like to be able to use Spotify, Lastfm more so.

Thinking about just going for Denon DM39 and forgetting all the networking stuff but I feel like non-networked hifis will become obselete quite soon.

Sorry I know this is a bit of a hijack post :o but I had more or less the same questions as you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Darkwarriorcok

I am also looking at the Denon Ceol at the moment but the RCD N7 version as I need to be able to play CDs on it and the networking capabilities would be secondary for me (but nice to have). My main concern is that as a non-apple user it seems very much geared towards apple products - interacts very well with iEverything - but not much else. Also, the Airplay feature is put out there as a big feature, but again if I am not an apple user is Airplay any use to me? Would like to be able to use Spotify, Lastfm more so.

Thinking about just going for Denon DM39 and forgetting all the networking stuff but I feel like non-networked hifis will become obselete quite soon.

Sorry I know this is a bit of a hijack post :o but I had more or less the same questions as you.

No worries. I wouldn't go that way man, in reality your going to save money in the long run with networking!
    Here's what I picked up today - Denon pma720 amp, bx2 speakers, cyp (optical to audio converter), Sony USB turntable.
    Pricey at €700 but future proof - using this with apple tv(cyp)
    Will let you know the story when I get it set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Took your advice went with the Ceol in the end. Haven't had a chance to play with it properly yet but noticed when I set it up on the network that is said Lastfm not available in your country which is annoying because I've definitely used it on my laptop.

Any one any idea why that might be?

Advertisement