Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Flat Fee Conveyancing

• 25-03-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey there, just wanted to find out if any of ye knew of a cheap, flat fee conveyancing solicitors? I've been getting quotes anywhere in between 1000 and 1600 (inc VAT) but I've been lead to believe some solicitors charge a flat fee no matter the price of the house. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭jd80

What is the actual price of the house and how old is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 vinnyme

Hi JD80, it's 25 years old and it's 145K.

Well the PRAI fee alone for a consideration of €145k is €600

does the €1000 -€1600 include that?

http://www.landirect.ie/eng/Legal_Professional_Customers/Fees/Land_Registry/Land_Registry_Fees1.html

The solicitor *should* not only complete the paperwork for the transfer, but also checks for things such as the vendor has the right to sell it to you, any burdens etc.

Whereby if you have the folio number you can check it for burdens etc. yourself - certified copy of folio (some refer to it as a copy of the old 'land cert')

This all assumes the property is registered with the PRAI and not in the registry of deeds

jd80 wrote: »
    Well the PRAI fee alone for a consideration of €145k is €600

does the €1000 -€1600 include that?

http://www.landirect.ie/eng/Legal_Professional_Customers/Fees/Land_Registry/Land_Registry_Fees1.html

The solicitor *should* not only complete the paperwork for the transfer, but also checks for things such as the vendor has the right to sell it to you, any burdens etc.

Whereby if you have the folio number you can check it for burdens etc. yourself - certified copy of folio (some refer to it as a copy of the old 'land cert')

This all assumes the property is registered with the PRAI and not in the registry of deeds

Sorry - I should have mentioned I am looking only a flat fee for the professional fees and not land registry/search fees etc...

Those prices I mention were solely for the professional fees.

So no - the 1000 - 1600 does not include the land registry fees.

Here's a breakdown of the quotes i am getting:

Prof fees 1100 + VAT

Land Registry Fees 600

Search Fees 120

Commissioner for Oaths 20

Stamp duty 1% 1450

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Why have you got stamp duty in as a fee?

The only thing that is an actual fee - ie goes to the solicitors practice is the first figure - everything else will be the same across the board.

Good to know the Celtic Tiger is alive and well

In answer to your question, I do not know of a flat fee service.

You will have to search further. ring around more solicitors - though I would say the quotes will probably be in this region.

As an aside, do you know the folio number?

Advertisement