Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now here ladies and gentlemen is a special kind of cu*t

• 25-03-2013 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

STORY.
    A MAN who burgled an elderly woman's flat while she lay injured on the floor has been sentenced to four years.

Elizabeth McCabe, who is in her seventies, was lying on the ground for hours shouting for help when Vasile Axinte (32) climbed in through her window. She asked him to call an ambulance, but he stole €500 from her handbag instead.

She remained on the floor until the next morning, when someone spotted her through her window.

Judge Patricia Ryan suspended one year of the sentence, which she backdated to last September when Axinte went into custody.

Axinte, of Lower Rathmines Road, Rathmines, pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to three counts of burglary in Dublin city centre between March and August 2012.

Axinte, who has 10 previous convictions for theft, was caught after his fingerprints were found in the pensioner's flat.

John Quirke, prosecuting, said Ms McCabe suffered a fall in the afternoon and was on the floor for several hours unable to get up.

I'm not a violent man, but for the love of sweet f*ck give me a few rounds with this bastard.

I'd a great aunt who was similarly attacked in her home and died in the weeks afterwards.

Scum like this 'man' (I'd nearly vomit in my mouth calling him a man) really, really boil my fvcking piss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I'd a great aunt who was similarly attacked in her home and died in the weeks afterwards.

Scum like this 'man' (I'd nearly vomit in my mouth calling him a man) really, really boil my fvcking piss.

He didn't attack her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

STORY.

I'm not a violent man,

Mod: Martial Arts & Self Defence, Mixed Martial Arts [MMA]

:):):)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

This thread is probably going to descend into a "romanian gypsies" rant!

But anyway, yeah, he got 4 years for robbery? He cant be punished for not helping the old woman surely? He didnt do anything to her. Still a scummy thing to do to leave her there like that.

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    He didn't attack her.

He's still a c*nt though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Stuff of nightmares for that poor lady. Jesus wept, I despair for this stupid race at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

3 years for burglary and none for leaving an old lady in distress.
    Leaving her like that is a moral crime!

There is a law in France around Duty of Care, that if you do not help someone in distress then that is also a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

He didn't attack her.

If you think for a moment a home invasion, esp one on an elderly and injured person isn't an attack you're brain dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

He didn't attack her.

Breaking in the window while the lady was lying on the floor certainly strikes me as an attack.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Since when does having the ability to defend yourself make you violent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

He didn't attack her.
    Seriously? He robbed an injured woman and left her lying on the ground after refusing to help her. He even took her phone back when she tried to call an ambulance and then stole that too. But it's alright because he didn't attack her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Not the point!! He didn't help her!! I'd be of the same mind as the op!! Bastad deserves a few slaps, ya never know it may put some sense onto him!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You can't just go around knocking people senseless for being cúnts.

Definitely and the sentence is too lenient for me aswell but let's not exaggerate. He sounds like more of an idiot than a ****. 60% idiot and 40% ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

You can't just go around knocking people senseless for being cúnts.

Be great if you could though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

He didn't attack her.

Could be argued that it was an attack on her property or mental attack... and if not, still a scum bag.

All of which teach discipline and to not fight unless left with no choice... or if it's for sh!ts and giggles against someone who is willing.

Seriously? He robbed an injured woman and left her lying on the ground after refusing to help her. He even took her phone back when she tried to call an ambulance and then stole that too. But it's alright because he didn't attack her?

I didn't say it's alright, the OP said he attacked her. He didn't. If we're gonna get up in arms about this, let's get the facts right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Love the word c.unt. So vulgar.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

Skinned alive and dipped in a vinegar bath, the only suitable punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

hope this scumbag gets the sh1t kicked out of him in jail. low life.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Terry1985

Mod: Martial Arts & Self Defence, Mixed Martial Arts [MMA]):)

Mixed martial arts?
    Does that mean he fights with women?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

hope this scumbag gets the sh1t kicked out of him in jail. low life.

That won't happen, in prison he'll be with other Romanian nationals and he'll be grand!!

I do believe there is an old law that states you should help or call assistance for somebody who is injured or distressed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

He didn't attack her.

He might as well have considering he did nothing for her barr burgle her house whilst she lay injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

He didn't attack her.

not helping a injured old lady off the floor , possibly leaving her to die, is akin to attacking her - duty of care to your fellow human - not to rob the poor woman

with you OP , i would have no qualms in severely injure the scum bag , not put him in prison , costing US 50,000 a year fro the pleasure ,
    the time has come for the PC goggles to be removed , and treat scum like this accordingly - for home grown scum , HARD TIME , no frills , no tv , no playstation , BASIC food , enough calories to survive as per the WHO , but nothing else , and for the imported scum , the same as ours , THEN deport back to country of origin - with that a life ban from ever coming back

time has come - ignore what international opinion has to say , have you seen US or Russian prisons ? or the detention ctrs in Australia?
    this is where we have to start - as the saying goes its a reflection on you on how your young and old are treated

for the PC brigade clamoring to point out that they are humans bla bla bla
    just think, if it was your mother, granny or vulnerable neighbour

dj jarvis wrote: »
    not helping a injured old lady off the floor , possibly leaving her to die, is akin to attacking her - duty of care to your fellow human - not to rob the poor woman

with you OP , i would have no qualms in severely injure the scum bag , not put him in prison , costing US 50,000 a year fro the pleasure ,
    the time has come for the PC goggles to be removed , and treat scum like this accordingly - for home grown scum , HARD TIME , no frills , no tv , no playstation , BASIC food , enough calories to survive as per the WHO , but nothing else , and for the imported scum , the same as ours , THEN deport back to country of origin - with that a life ban from ever coming back

time has come - ignore what international opinion has to say , have you seen US or Russian prisons ? or the detention ctrs in Australia?
    this is where we have to start - as the saying goes its a reflection on you on how your young and old are treated

for the PC brigade clamoring to point out that they are humans bla bla bla
    just think, if it was your mother, granny or vulnerable neighbour

Nice to see we are all sticking to the facts. :rolleyes:

I didn't say it's alright, the OP said he attacked her. He didn't. If we're gonna get up in arms about this, let's get the facts right.

i think you should get some facts right,

OP said he had a relation that was attacked - read then read again
    he never mentioned the scum attacked the old lady

i think you should get some facts right,

OP said he had a relation that was attacked - read then read again
    he never mentioned the scum attacked the old lady

I think you should read it again.

Nice to see we are all sticking to the facts. :rolleyes:

now how did you come to that conclusion ?

old people who fall and cant get up REGULARLY die un aided , blood clots , not getting medication they need , hypothermia , the list goes on and on

what planet do you live on ?

I think you should read it again.

the text from the OP post

"I'm not a violent man, but for the love of sweet f*ck give me a few rounds with this bastard.

Scum like this 'man' (I'd nearly vomit in my mouth calling him a man) really, really boil my fvcking piss."

now , can you point out or highlight where he said the guy attacked the old lady ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

DJ he's only on a wind up, best leave it be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Terry1985 wrote: »
    Mixed martial arts?
    Does that mean he fights with women?

Nah, short for mixed race I thought. Blacks, Chinese, Eskimos, everyones fair game for old Mak!

I agree he's a cúnt, but the woman is lucky that she didnt get her head stoved in, going by today class of burglar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Is there not a law about being required to help someone in distress?

the text from the OP post

"I'm not a violent man, but for the love of sweet f*ck give me a few rounds with this bastard.

Scum like this 'man' (I'd nearly vomit in my mouth calling him a man) really, really boil my fvcking piss."

now , can you point out or highlight where he said the guy attacked the old lady ?

The words 'similarly attacked' in that sentence.

seen that a mile away - truly the caliber of "troll" on AH is desperate
    a good troll can be entertaining, but choosing of the correct thread and subject matter is essential , the amount of piss poor wind up merchants on boards is really putting me off the site

and the down side is , the people who pull these guys up are normally the ones that get a ban - go figure ???

but back to the point - only a true scum bag would have left her like that , and then not even ring for help when he was clear - dirt bag

The words 'similarly attacked' in that sentence.

yea good man

but no one else misunderstood what the op was getting at,
    breaking into someones house ,robbing them , not getting help is considered a " attack" , and the courts also came to this conclusion

if it was your relation i would imagine your smug outlook would be different

as i said piss poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

If you think for a moment a home invasion, esp one on an elderly and injured person isn't an attack you're brain dead.
    He's not wrong. He's just a pedant.

And for making this post, I probably am too.

• Advertisement

yea good man

breaking into someones house ,robbing them , not getting help is considered a " attack" , and the courts also came to this conclusion

as i said piss poor.

I did not misunderstand what he was getting at. He misunderstood.

The courts did not come to that conclusion. He was done for burglary.

I'm not smug. Surely it's more smug to want to beat the sh*t out of every petty criminal there is. To twist the facts and other people's words to justify your own violent urges is something I find scary.

Piss poor what? Use full sentences and capital letters please. Very hard to read your posts.

He's not wrong. He's just a pedant.

And for making this post, I probably am too.

being pedantic for the sake of it - one of the true joys of AH.
    he knew what the op was getting at - why point it out other than to derail the thread

being pedantic for the sake of it - one of the true joys of AH.
    he knew what the op was getting at - why point it out other than to derail the thread

I pointed it out because it makes a massive difference. You can't just say he might as well have because he didn't help and decide that the bloke, complete scumbag though he is, deserves to be kicked around. I find the people who think that to be quite scary.

I did not misunderstand what he was getting at. He misunderstood.

The courts did not come to that conclusion. He was done for burglary.

I'm not smug. Surely it's more smug to want to beat the sh*t out of every petty criminal there is. To twist the facts and other people's words to justify your own violent urges is something I find scary.

Piss poor what? Use full sentences and capital letters please. Very hard to read your posts.

LOL and now correcting grammar and punctuation, truly a star among men.

as for the courts , they gave a sentence that reflects the callousness of his crime, he left a defenseless old lady on the floor after robbing her.

now you can argue semantics all you want - the point was clear for everyone else.

LOL and now correcting grammar and punctuation, truly a star among men.

as for the courts , they gave a sentence that reflects the callousness of his crime, he left a defenseless old lady on the floor after robbing her.

now you can argue semantics all you want - the point was clear for everyone else.

Thanks.

Yes that's what happened. I never said otherwise.

What point was clear? Some alcoholic scumbag idiot robbed an injured woman. Rather than sending him to prison, we should gang up and attack him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

yea good man

as i said piss poor.

No they didn't, read the article again, the prick was sentenced for burglary, which in law is a non violent offence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Thanks.

Yes that's what happened. I never said otherwise.

What point was clear? Some alcoholic scumbag idiot robbed an injured woman. Rather than sending him to prison, we should gang up and attack him?

No we should deport him though,

I pointed it out because it makes a massive difference. You can't just say he might as well have because he didn't help and decide that the bloke, complete scumbag though he is, deserves to be kicked around. I find the people who think that to be quite scary.

I can, and have
    And wont be the only one with that opinion, i find people who do things like this to children and the elderly to be far far scarier than anything i could come up with.

and our response to this is put them in "easy going" prisons,
    Well **** that - make it as hard as the law allows, why go easy?
    Knowing they will get a easy ride enables these scum, good punch in the chops on a daily basis by the PO might make them less likely to ATTACK an old person who is in need of help

And if you read my earlier post, i stated that the STATE should take a firmer line after sentencing, you may have noticed this, but you were busy being a grammar Nazi on pedantic pills.

I can, and have
    And wont be the only one with that opinion, i find people who do things like this to children and the elderly to be far far scarier than anything i could come up with.

Knowing they will get a easy ride enables these scum, good punch in the chops on a daily basis by the PO might make them less likely to ATTACK an old person who is in need of help

And if you read my earlier post, i stated that the STATE should take a firmer line after sentencing, you may have noticed this, but you were busy being a grammar Nazi on pedantic pills.

And you were accusing me of being a troll because I disagree with you? Give Joe Duffy a ring. Absolute nonsense you're coming out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I can, and have

Irish prisons are far from easy going.

Any evidence to suggest that harsher prisons or corporal punishment reduces crime? (I know, asking for evidence. We should just lock up anyone who looks shifty, has a dodgy accent or just asks a question. When they're there we should take away the free xBoxes and cars and make em suffer.)

But seriously, any evidence?

And you were accusing me of being a troll because I disagree with you? Give Joe Duffy a ring. Absolute nonsense you're coming out with.

just becasue YOU don't consider it a attack , im sure you will find most would.
    And i don't consider you a troll becasue you disagree with me, far from it.
    I consider you a troll from your posting, the subject matter involved, pointing out punctuation mistakes, and the worst of all,
    knowing full well what people were getting at,but still pointing it out.

Good day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

You'd think the prick would have rang an ambulance after taking the money.

just becasue YOU don't consider it a attack , im sure you will find most would.
    And i don't consider you a troll becasue you disagree with me, far from it.
    I consider you a troll from your posting, the subject matter involved, pointing out punctuation mistakes, and the worst of all,
    knowing full well what people were getting at,but still pointing it out.

Good day.

Most people would not consider it an attack. Description of an attack - An aggressive and violent action against a person or place

One of your posts was very hard to read because it had no sentences. I didn't point out on punctuation mistake and jump on my high horse.

Yes I knew what the OP was getting at. He thought the woman was attacked, she wasn't. I pointed out his mistake.

Grayson wrote: »
    Irish prisons are far from easy going.

Any evidence to suggest that harsher prisons or corporal punishment reduces crime? (I know, asking for evidence. We should just lock up anyone who looks shifty, has a dodgy accent or just asks a question. When they're there we should take away the free xBoxes and cars and make em suffer.)

But seriously, any evidence?

The documentary on RTE recently , showed they had tv's , playstations , kettle , books , heat , hot food 3 times a day , keep fit equipment, education ect ect

Not being a arse but in today's climate , some family's would be lucky to have these available to them
    why all the " luxury's"?
    And i did not say "anyone who looks dodgy" , these people have already been sentenced in court - so when they have been dealt with by the courts , why make prison "easy"?

Mentioned by the inmates in said documentary " its like a holiday" they even mentioned it being better than at home

so is that right ? , do that to a old lady and then get looked after, while you and i pay for it

in my opinion , no , make the ****ers do some hard time,
    it MIGHT , just MIGHT make them think twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

He'll get whats coming to him when he starts his sentence inside ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement