Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are flight tickets refundable

Options
  • 25-03-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hello all

i have a flight booked from belguim to dublin on good friday and to return on back on the easter monday

due to personell reasons i came in sunday(24th) and i aint returning,,,booked the flights nearly 2 weeks back

so i payed up on 260 euro for these and i am wondering if there is any refund possible with these as i wont be using the flights now

they are with aerlingus and the reason i didnt change them because it was too dear and i got home with ryanair cheaper on a single that to change with aerlingus

any help would be appreciated

b

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Did you read the T's and C's when you bought the tickets? Most plane tickets are non-refundable. Therefore, I think you'll be out of luck.

You should really have researched the prices better, before you bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Ring Aer Lingus and plead your case. If there was a genuine personal reason for the changes and you get the right person you could be lucky.

Alternatively, did you have travel insurance? If so, then you may be able to claim from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

I was in a similar situation last year. Although the tickets tend to be non refundable, you are entitled to get a refund of any taxes that were built into the ticket price so you can recoup some of the cost at the very least. There's an administration charge of around twenty euro. Call the airline.

Advertisement