Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

basic swo

• 25-03-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi , I'm looking for some advice on basic SWO, I have applied to my local welfare , he is looking for bank statement where child benefit goes, I found information about this, and it says that child benefit does not count as income. anyone in the same situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

rigu wrote: »
    Hi , I'm looking for some advice on basic SWO, I have applied to my local welfare , he is looking for bank statement where child benefit goes, I found information about this, and it says that child benefit does not count as income. anyone in the same situation?

Below are the documents you need to supply when applying for Supplementary Welfare Allowance. Disclose all income, benefits etc. Child Benefit will not be assessed in your means assessment but it has to be disclosed.

Personal Public Service (PPS) Numbers (formerly RSI numbers) for yourself, your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant and your children
    Proof of residency
    Proof of identity, for example, a passport, driving licence, work permit, immigration (GNIB) card, etc.
    Evidence of any income you and your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant and children are getting
    A note from your local social welfare office and your last wages slip if you have just applied for Jobseeker's Benefit or Allowance
    Your Child Benefit Book or birth certificates for any children you may be claiming for if you do not have PPSNs for them
    Documents to show your income and financial situation, such as, pay slips, P45, P35, P60, bank statements, etc.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/supplementary_welfare_allow.html

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭rigu

Balagan wrote: »
    Below are the documents you need to supply when applying for Supplementary Welfare Allowance. Disclose all income, benefits etc. Child Benefit will not be assessed in your means assessment but it has to be disclosed.

Personal Public Service (PPS) Numbers (formerly RSI numbers) for yourself, your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant and your children
    Proof of residency
    Proof of identity, for example, a passport, driving licence, work permit, immigration (GNIB) card, etc.
    Evidence of any income you and your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant and children are getting
    A note from your local social welfare office and your last wages slip if you have just applied for Jobseeker's Benefit or Allowance
    Your Child Benefit Book or birth certificates for any children you may be claiming for if you do not have PPSNs for them
    Documents to show your income and financial situation, such as, pay slips, P45, P35, P60, bank statements, etc.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/supplementary_welfare_allow.html

All cash income: including most social welfare and Health Service Executive payments, except Child Benefit, Domiciliary Care Allowance and Blind Welfare Allowance.
    when I gave him the application form he did not say anything about child benefit, now a week later he is asking how much I get and where is it going,
    I have a saving account where Ch Benefit goes, does that go against me now, if I have saved my children s benefit??? I do that for their school fee, as they both go to secondary schools. any advice? thank you

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

All cash income: including most social welfare and Health Service Executive payments, except Child Benefit, Domiciliary Care Allowance and Blind Welfare Allowance.
    when I gave him the application form he did not say anything about child benefit, now a week later he is asking how much I get and where is it going,
    I have a saving account where Ch Benefit goes, does that go against me now, if I have saved my children s benefit??? I do that for their school fee, as they both go to secondary schools. any advice? thank you
    You must disclose all bank/saving accounts when applying for SWO.

mp22 wrote: »
    You must disclose all bank/saving accounts when applying for SWO.

I'm going to see him tomorrow, and give him that bank statement. am I in trouble now??? would u know what can happen? I'm quite worried now...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

I'm going to see him tomorrow, and give him that bank statement. am I in trouble now??? would u know what can happen? I'm quite worried now...:(

Declare all bank/ savings accounts and then you can stop worrying. For Jobseekers payments you are allowed to have 20,000 in savings without it being means tested but for Supplementary Welfare Allowance you are allowed to have just 5,000 in savings and they start means testing the rest on a sliding scale - see here: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/What-is-the-means-test.aspx

• Advertisement

Balagan wrote: »
    Declare all bank/ savings accounts and then you can stop worrying. For Jobseekers payments you are allowed to have 20,000 in savings without it being means tested but for Supplementary Welfare Allowance you are allowed to have just 5,000 in savings and they start means testing the rest on a sliding scale - see here: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/What-is-the-means-test.aspx

thank you for your replay,
    my worry is that I did not disclose child benefit saving account :o when I filled in the application, as from the info I had found regarding Ch.Benefit not being means tested, but going to tell him and show my saving book tomorrow, so will see what he will say, would my application be refused then....:(

Advertisement