Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Co. Kildare - contact Martin Hayden TD

Options
  • 25-03-2013 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Martin Hayden TD (FG) has asked that anyone from "many of the households and businesses in Kildare who don't have access to high speed broadband" contact him at 045-487624. His office is collecting data on the problem for presentation to the Minister for Communications.

I would urge all of us who have to suffer crappy so called "broadband" to contact Martin Hayden asap. I think it'll more than likely be a waste of time, but lets make our feelings known at least.

His office hours are mon-fri, 9.30am-12.30pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

I have UPC, and since day one I have had two disconnect issues, 1: random intermittent disconnects (could happen 20 times a day, or none, could be disconnected for a couple of seconds or an hour) 2: regular disconnects, on random days I have noticed my internet disconnects at the same time every hour but only for a few seconds, the actual time changes each day it happens, for example, today it could be disconnects at 12 mins past the hour every hour and next week it could be 32 mins past the hour every hour.

And I will indeed contact him...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Could look at the hole in the middle of maynooth that can get 8ambit from eircom when the rest of the town can get 24 from eircom or 150 from upc... Wrong constituency though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Our exchange in Calverstown isn't even enabled. It was on an Eircom list about 5 or 6 years ago to get enabled but the list is no more as Eircom have no more funds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Don't mean to be snotty, but I wonder will he have any more success than when we were told pay the HHC last year and our application for ghost estate status will be reviewed this year.

As it stands, the estate has 4 empty houses, one has all its windows smashed, and grafitti written over the walls on the inside. In addition there is a fence falling down protecting an area where about 50 houses were to be built, and there are concrete based foundations dug, with the potential for children having a terrible accident.

Sorry for the rant, but we were promised so much by these politicians and got SFA!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Why should anyone ring? They should know of the crappy broadband services that are in this Country of ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Why doesent he get off his arse and knock on doors to find out, ? Afraid of the voters....! Then again its not as though he could find most of his electorial area. Got to love the 3hrs office time...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

MYOB wrote: »
    Could look at the hole in the middle of maynooth that can get 8ambit from eircom when the rest of the town can get 24 from eircom or 150 from upc... Wrong constituency though

Our phone line can not cope with 8 .
    We have a choice of UPC or Digiweb , we had issues with our UPC order and could not risk a shoddy service due to work so got Digiweb metro .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Karlitto wrote: »
    I have UPC, and since day one I have had two disconnect issues, 1: random intermittent disconnects (could happen 20 times a day, or none, could be disconnected for a couple of seconds or an hour) 2: regular disconnects, on random days I have noticed my internet disconnects at the same time every hour but only for a few seconds, the actual time changes each day it happens, for example, today it could be disconnects at 12 mins past the hour every hour and next week it could be 32 mins past the hour every hour.

And I will indeed contact him...

We're having the exact same problem with UPC as well
    Anytime I highlighted it with UPC they said they have no other complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

It seems kind of pointless, there are many studies made already, why doesn't Hayden just look into EU reports or talk to Ireland Offline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

No offense TV, but cannot Hayden not bother himself coming on here and asking for feedback? He knows Boards as He was on here before, and was asked to prove who he is.

For me, we all know about the BB speed, but I would prefer if he did something for us - his constituents - on the ghost estates within his remit, which big fat phil ignored both last year, and again this year.

Or does that involve actual work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

No offense taken. I'm not an advocate for Hayden ... I'm a sufferer of sh1t broadband under the NBS ... I just thought I'd post that Hayden was looking for feedback.

And yes, I agree that he should come on here in person as he was here before.

Advertisement