Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toddlers lips turning blue

Options
  • 25-03-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi all just wondering if this is happening to anyone else's baby as we are desperate for answers.

Ever since my son is 6 weeks old (he is now 19months) he goes blue around the mouth. When he was 6months old this escalated to his lips and occasionally his tongue turning blue.

We brought him to a&e loads of times and every test came bk clear. We were referred to the respiratory clinic. The doctor in the respiratory clinic could not give us any explanation but was concerned as to why so he admitted him into hospital for a week.

During this week he got loads of tests done including tests on his brain wave, an echo on his heart and his oxygen and co2 levels read.

His co2 levels were a little high but the doc didn't say too much about it. The girl that scanned his heart said everything looked ok but I was later told by a nurse that it's important to speak to a heart consultant they would no more than the person scanning????

We were discharged with no real answers and told we would be brought bk in 6 weeks but this has bn delayed now for another month :-( (i no other people who's app have been moved also.....)

In the mean time my son's body has turned blue twice. Both these episodes only lasted a couple of seconds and I definitely seen a change in him , he seemed drained but this also only lasted a couple of seconds. His body never turned blue before.

During these episodes he acts perfectly normal and continues what ever activity he's doin. although the odd time he does seem a bit drained during an episode.We have kept diarys n there is no links with anything such as time of day or food n drink or anything. It also has nothin to do with hot or cold although it is more noticeable if he's cold but can also happen when he's hot.

Lately he has been extremely tired n I'm just concerned that maybe there is a link...

Sorry for goin on a bit we are just really looking for answers any feedback would be great thanks a million :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Unfortunately medical advice can not be given on boards. If you're worried, bring him back to A&E.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement