Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up on clothes

• 25-03-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

So i dont know if there ay any muslim girls on the beauty fourm but we'll see
    So i wear a hijab and i have recently got into wearing make up most days just foundation mascara and eyeliner nothing huge
    So my problem is i tend to wear light hijabs like white and cream but my make up has been getting on them throughout the day does anybody know any foundation that wouldnt go on my hijab i dont wear it tight but around my forehead it get annoying
    Thank u

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Jeongeum wrote: »
    So i dont know if there ay any muslim girls on the beauty fourm but we'll see
    So i wear a hijab and i have recently got into wearing make up most days just foundation mascara and eyeliner nothing huge
    So my problem is i tend to wear light hijabs like white and cream but my make up has been getting on them throughout the day does anybody know any foundation that wouldnt go on my hijab i dont wear it tight but around my forehead it get annoying
    Thank u
    so I have heard the the Estee Lauder double wear is suppose to be non transferable. Like really good for not going on your clothes. Other girls might be able to confirm here though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Maybe try wearing tinted moisturisers instead? They might be less obvious if they transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Use a foundation like Double Wear then use a powder to set it so it doesn't transfer as easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

You can get make-up setting sprays which would help with stopping the transferring (Urban Decay and MUA do ones that I know of). Foundations such as Revlon Colorstay and L'Oreal Infallible claim that they're transfer proof so you could try out one of those either (maybe try getting a sample of either first just to make sure they actually don't transfer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I don't wear a hijab but whenever i wear a hat or light coloured scarf i use Dew Me by Urban Decay, it's a setting spray for make up, not as drying as a setting powder on young skin but works really well, actually helps your eye liner and mascara last better too. If i were you i'd call to an Urban Decay stand in Debenhams or Brown Thomas and try the product before you buy as there are 3 or 4 setting sprays available, different ones suit different skin types etc. Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

OP, I can't help you as regards make up that won't rub off on your clothes, but if you need something to remove it, vanish spray is excellent. I have a couple of white shirts/tops and my foundation always seems to transfer onto them. I've found Vanish removes all traces.

Also my friend's husband is a chef (chef's whites) in an Italian restaurant and finds that Vanish is the only thing that will remove all those tomato sauce splashes.

Advertisement