Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains Heat Alarm

Options
  • 25-03-2013 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

I have a smoke alarm in each room that's wired in to the mains. Installed by an electrician in 2007 when getting the house re-wired.

In the kitchen it's a heat alarm instead of a smoke alarm. Never had any issues but this evening the heat alarm is beeping intermittently without any heat in the kitchen. When I took the unit off the ceiling I discovered that there is also a small square battery in it....

The unit is a Garvan Model SS 1263.

The battery doesn't say if it's a rechargeable one or not - should I just replace the battery and put the unit back up??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The battery is a back up in case the mains is off. Replace it and it won't beep anymore.

Advertisement