Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If it was brought back what would your Capital punishment be ?

• 25-03-2013 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Mine would be Death by boiling,I would put the condemned into a huge barrell and slowly fill it with boiling water up to their waist first, then to their shoulders to the baying of the public crying out for more.

An that would be for child molesters and rapists.

So whats yours ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Aren't you a delight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Mine would be Death by boiling,I would put the condemned into a huge barrell and slowly fill it with boiling water up to their waist first, then to their shoulders to the baying of the public crying out for more.

So whats yours ?
    Hanging in public square would make for good telly on a sunday morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Death by snu snu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I don;pt think you have to capitalize the word capital because of the topic.

As for the topic: I don't get off on torture so I'd let the legislators decide in the event of it ever happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

. . . . Spend a week in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

So whats yours ?

Pretty messed up.

Thankfully the dark ages are overrrrrrrrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Death by administering the hot beef injection to Twink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

o1s1n wrote: »
    Aren't you a delight?

with a decieving username too, makes her sound like a bag of kittens when in fact shes very different

. . . . Spend a week in Dublin
    Ladies an gentlemen! May I have a huge round of applause for the one,the only,the most original comedian in after hours! MR.BACKWARDS MAN!

And the crowd goes wild!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Death by Stereo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Corporal and capital punishment have been shown historically, sociologically, statistically, legally, psychologically, recidivistically, realistically, theoretically, logically, reasonably, philosophically, practically, empirically, repeatedly useless.

But don't let a few little things like that get in the way of your torture fantasies. Gotta teach the sickos a lesson, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Not their best album to be fair, much preferred Youthanasia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Old age?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Death by snu snu

What do I have to do to get that?

*lolls tongue*:p

What about extreme tickling as a punishment? Seriously! You would probably do or say anything under extreme tickling punishment.

What do I have to do to get that?

*lolls tongue*:p
    you have earned yourself death by snu snu by questioning the death by snu snu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

So whats yours ?[/QUOTE]

very kind, mines a pint if yer buyin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Death by 25 years in a cubicle farm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Why is it called capital punishment?

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Why is it called capital punishment?

cos first it puts you in a comma, then to a full stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

BBDBB wrote: »
    cos first it puts you in a comma, then to a full stop

I bow to you, sir. Absolutely Capital!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

orestes wrote: »
    Corporal and capital punishment have been shown historically, sociologically, statistically, legally, psychologically, recidivistically, realistically, theoretically, logically, reasonably, philosophically, practically, empirically, repeatedly useless.

But don't let a few little things like that get in the way of your torture fantasies. Gotta teach the sickos a lesson, eh?

Yes, but nobody said it couldnt be entertaining! (jazz hands)

Personally, I would have the worst of them compete in a Running man style game show, With the offenders competing to win their freedom. Of course, their is no chance of any of them actually winning with our theatrical gladiators also competing.

As a bonus, this would finally give RTE something decent to air. And make the country feel less bitter about that TV license buisness.

Actually, why hasnt this been done already? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Has it? Capital punishment certainly does reduce the possibility of re-offending....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

This would be for paedophiles, murderers and rapists, the scummiest scummers there is.

Set up an arena like the Thunderdome in Mad Max.

Throw the criminal in there, along with about 8 very hungry wolves, if the criminal survives he gets to live out his days in a normal prison, otherwise the wolves are fed for another few days.

You could even sell tickets to the public so they could watch, cover the costs of setting the system up.

Ant n Dec to host it?

Sir Alan Sugar as Grand Executioner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Two horses pulling a person apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

This would be for paedophiles, murderers and rapists, the scummiest scummers there is.

Set up an arena like the Thunderdome in Mad Max.

Throw the criminal in there, along with about 8 very hungry wolves, if the criminal survives he gets to live out his days in a normal prison, otherwise the wolves are fed for another few days.

You could even sell tickets to the public so they could watch, cover the costs of setting the system up.

Plus, everyone in the audience is in with a chance to win fabulous prizes!

We'l call it.... Scummerdome :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Forced spontaneous combustion is quite nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

So whats yours ?

Hanging, not because it's easy for the condemned, but because it is easy for the executioner. If you bring in death penalty for rape, what about the men who are falsely accused (rate stands at about 10% false accusation of rape in Ireland). You'd have to bring in death penalty for false rape / perjury too. I agree with death penalty though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Death by twister. And if they win at that then try playing best out of three- Battleships and Cluedo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

"You know, you can say it backwards, which is 'dociousaliexpilisticfragicalirupes', but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?"

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

starlings wrote: »
    "You know, you can say it backwards, which is 'dociousaliexpilisticfragicalirupes', but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?"

:)

Indubitably! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In fairness O it kinda does have a 100% success rate with the emboldened bit... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

I presume we've had death by bum-bum? If not, - death by bum-bum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Oh just piss off you liberal leftie looney with your fancy words that I can't understand! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Yeah, because the revolving door system we have at the moment works so well :rolleyes:

While i wouldn't be for corporal/capital punishment, what I think we need is MINIMUM sentences and life should mean just that, LIFE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

A real money saver though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I'm not a liberal by any means but I think capital punishment is just blood lust for the most part. Make sentences tougher and reintroduce hard labour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Yeah, because the revolving door system we have at the moment works so well :rolleyes:

While i wouldn't be for corporal/capital punishment, what I think we need is MINIMUM sentences and life should mean just that, LIFE.

Em corporal punishment is like what was used in kids in school for being naughty.
    Capital punishment is the death penalty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Capital punishment certainly does reduce the possibility of re-offending....
    100% apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I wouldn't like to see capital punishment reintroduced,although I would love to see a return of the stocks. I'd happily watch some scumbag endure a little public humiliation:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Hanging, not because it's easy for the condemned, but because it is easy for the executioner. If you bring in death penalty for rape, what about the men who are falsely accused (rate stands at about 10% false accusation of rape in Ireland). You'd have to bring in death penalty for false rape / perjury too. I agree with death penalty though.

Why is your only concern with men who are falsely accused of rape? And what about unjust convictions* for other crimes?

*and I presume you mean convictions because no-one has ever been sentenced because of an accusation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

I'd just like to second the revolving door method suggested by an earlier poster.

I presume that involves wedging the condemned persons head in a revolving door and slamming it round. Sounds messy but effective.

Has it? Capital punishment certainly does reduce the possibility of re-offending....
    Wibbs wrote: »
    In fairness O it kinda does have a 100% success rate with the emboldened bit... :D

Well that's what I get for trying to be clever. :)

It's too late for me to try the "not if you get the wrong guy get out of jail free card" isn't it?
    Madam_X wrote: »
    Oh just piss off you liberal leftie looney with your fancy words that I can't understand! :mad:

Shag off you nazi wench or I'll have the care-bears hug you until you grow feelings :mad:
    Kat1170 wrote: »

So you're belittling my point and agreeing with it at the same time? Buh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

100% apparently

It really doesn't. There's been a few death row convicts convicted of murders committed after their sentencing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Dwork wrote: »
    I'd just like to second the revolving door method suggested by an earlier poster.

I presume that involves wedging the condemned persons head in a revolving door and slamming it round. Sounds messy but effective.

Sir, I'd like to add to your revolving door suggestion.
    How bout we make the condemned person carry a large revolving door with them , where ever they go ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Beef_Injection

Deep Heat around the rectal region followed by a swift and relentless Beef Injection.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Terry1985

anyone who deserves the death sentence should be
    psychologically profiled to find their worst fear/way to die,
    then implement that.
    bonus points if it's ironic to their crime.

Deep Heat around the rectal region followed by a swift and relentless Beef Injection.

You want to rape convicts who have been lubed up with deep heat?

Well I gotta admit, this is a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Sounds like steak and BJ day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Wibbs wrote: »

Only when they get the right person.

Which is not always the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement