Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If it was brought back what would your Capital punishment be ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Pump them full of helium until they float into the upper atmosphere.

While their extended family are made watch the whole thing.

And the baying mobs pointing at them and hurling abuse.

With a telephone vote on which member of the family is to be interviewed by Brian Ormond on how they feel.

With an ongoing thread here on how we feel about the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Sergeant wrote: »

With a telephone vote on which member of the family is to be interviewed by Brian Ormond on how they feel.

uplifted presumably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Sergeant wrote: »

That alone , is an horrific punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Beef_Injection

orestes wrote: »
    You want to rape convicts who have been lubed up with deep heat?

Well I gotta admit, this is a new one.

Hey !!

We'll let a judge and jury of our peers define the term of punishment by Deep Heat and Beef Injection, Thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Very malignant, but I'd have them:
    Tied to a chair
    Blindfolded
    Ear muffs put on them
    In a totally quiet, isolated room with padding
    No human contact
    Left to rot until they die

I probably wouldn't have this done to anyone. Hell, I have a hard enough time with empathy and feeling sorry for victims of criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Cant say i agree with the death penalty - but have thought that ****er deserves to die plenty of times,

As i hope wont ever be the case in this country, as evidence has shown it does not stop crime and huge mistakes have and are being made.

But, some crimes really do have to be punished, and i mean not just loss of liberty, but make the person regret waking up, that the day will be a hard one.

Nothing cruel , nothing sadistic, just plain old hard work, every day of their sentence.
    basic food, basic quarters, military type discipline,and most importantly education, the better they do educationally , then either some remission or slightly better conditions.

I am sure prison now is not easy, but from what i have been told and seen reported its not that bad either, so why make it easy is my question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Mine would be Death by boiling,I would put the condemned into a huge barrell and slowly fill it with boiling water up to their waist first, then to their shoulders to the baying of the public crying out for more

And since you are hereby convicted of being a murderer you can be the first guinea pig into the pot. That ok for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Ten portions of Chicken Vindaloo followed by Six boxes of Laxatives, and let them sh1t themselves to death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Suffocated in an elephant's arse.

Stuffed into a fridge and thrown down a stairs.

Get two catapults with two excecutees and fire them at each other so they collide in mid air.

Drown them in pureed bananas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

we could do something like this :eek:

Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion
    Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

A game of naked Twister with Michael Jackson.

Oh, what was the question again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

If anyone has seen the episode of Black Mirror called white bear, that certainly is one way of punishing an in humane b*stard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I suppose if a state wishes to kill a person for a crime it would be best that it be carried out efficiently and relatively painlessly; I suppose plain old boring shooting would be best; less barbaric by far than the idea of poisoning someone with an injection (or, for that matter, the cruelty of indefinite imprisonment).

If the idea is to have the punishment reflect a degree of justice and revenge then I personally would find immurement to be pretty vicious and drawn out. Perhaps a happy medium would be drowning or hanging or exposure to the elements, such as crucifixion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Everything that happened in the third part of 1984!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

"Battle Royale" on one of our fine remote coastal islands. Would bring out the "best"(for lack of a better word) of the participants and would be very economical.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Electric chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Taking someone's life as a form of punishment by the State is a disgusting concept, never mind a reality.

Eugh.

I find the idea of penning a person inside a room for most of the day for the rest of their lives to be far more repugnant.

I suppose we all have our own ideas of what would be a proper punishment, but to me all of this penning of men in cages where they are doomed to be treated as an equal to the lowest most recidivist and nasty person in the same prison is a barbaric system; I find it odd that a lot of people who would consider themselves to be humanitarian think it is a good system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

catallus wrote: »
    I find the idea of penning a person inside a room for most of the day for the rest of their lives to be far more repugnant.

I suppose we all have our own ideas of what would be a proper punishment, but to me all of this penning of men in cages where they are doomed to be treated as an equal to the lowest most recidivist and nasty person in the same prison is a barbaric system; I find it odd that a lot of people who would consider themselves to be humanitarian think it is a good system.
    How would you deal with robbers, murders and rapists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

hard labour until they drop dead

might as get value for money out of them. killing them would be letting them off easy

• Advertisement

How would you deal with robbers, murders and rapists?

Execution, obviously? As per thread title.

Advertisement