Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to Install purchased wordpress website to bluehost account. Please help!!!!

Options
  • 25-03-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi can someone please help me before I end up smashing my laptop against a wall.

I bought this wordpress site there yesterday on flippa. Its a wordpress file. I have blue host set up. So far Ive linked the domain name that came with the website to my bluehost account. Ive installed wordpress to that domain on my hosting account.

So now Im left with inserting the files from the zip folder i purchased, I have spent the day trying to do this and to be honest I feel like crying. Ive been on to blue hosting and for some reason they get cut off every 15 mins, so thats a dead end.

The files in the zip folder are as follows -

97eccc4f8dc202d7b9f48b86b61d976c.html
    cgi-bin
    error_log
    index.php
    license.txt
    readme.html
    wordpress-3.5-to-wordpress-3.5.1.patch
    wp-activate.php
    wp-admin
    wp-blog-header.php
    wp-comments-post.php
    wp-config-sample.php
    wp-config.php
    wp-content
    wp-cron.php
    wp-includes
    wp-links-opml.php
    wp-load.php
    wp-login.php
    wp-mail.php
    wp-settings.php
    wp-signup.php
    wp-trackback.php
    xmlrpc.php

and theres a mysql_db.zip file as well

Im going to be honest I have no idea what to do with any of them.

Ive been trying to get info of the person i bought it from, but i cant understand what hes talking about. The last email he sent me was -

I have given you simple instructions, setup domain on hosting,
    install wp, after that has setup import sql, once that is done upload
    files then change config file..

This is my first hosting account, and maybe this is a simple process installing these, but I really cant get my head around it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Robert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Do you have a blank Wordpress site up and running on your new host now?

If so, import the Mysql file (not sure if you can do this in Wordpress or your host's database CP), upload all of the files supplied (overwriting the existing WP install), then edit wp-config.php to match the database, user name and password you had setup on the new host.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭robbie.dub

Hi, thanks for responding.

Yeh at the moment there is a basic theme loaded to wordress, so i havent done anything with the mysql file. Ive overwritten all files like said. Can you tell me how I go about editing the wp-config.php, not sure how I do that.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

I'll sort it for you if you want to PM me the details. should only take a few minutes.

Was going to go to bed soon so you will have to let me know shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

I would suggest if you have not worked with filezilla or something similar or with data bases or do not know about the changes you make to the wp config file, ask someone here to install it for you. If need be, pay them a few bob, but it could save your site and sanity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement