Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilnamanagh U15 Victims

• 25-03-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kilnamanagh-U15-Victims/413253898771302
    Kilnamanagh FC U15 team are the victims of an unbelievable injustice

F.A.I. throw our kids out of football 16 Schoolboys left with no team
    Description
    We broke the rule – we accept we are accountable

We signed the player in good faith on advice from a senior DDSL committee member

We are the only team in Ireland sanctioned over 49km SFAI rule

At least 30 teams playing every week with players breaking this rule

There are 6 teams in the same DDSL U-15 Premier with players signed from outside 49km

SFAI had 2 other options, fine the team, deducted points – they threw the team out

FAI appeals committee had same options – they agreed it was right to throw the team out

DDSL have informed Kilnamanagh they are out - no more fixtures

DDSL handed information to SFAI about Kilnamanagh player

No other team has been sanctioned as of 23rd March 2013

Kilnamanagh FC have no board members in the DDSL SFAI or FAI

I posted this is the humour thread but deserves its own.

Click the facebook page for some interesting posts.

Basicaly club broke rules disagrees with punishment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

From what I read they got caught and got the full punishment available. No point crying that other clubs do it too (especially bigger well established clubs ... allegedly).

Its the risk you take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

As they said, they probably aren't the first and they won't be the last. It does seem harsh. All these young lads want to do is play football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It's an absolute disgrace tbh.

They got thrown out of the league because they signed/played a player that lives more than 49kms from their home pitch.

There is now a whole team of U15's who now can't play.

Yes the rule is there to protect the underage nature of the players, and promote and enhance the country leagues(that's another days argument) but the punishment does not fit the crime.
    Points deduction and fine at worst.
    rule 86 – Ineligibility states “ if a player takes part in a match despite being ineligible, his team shall be sanctioned by forfeiting the match and paying a fine. A sanction may also be imposed on a player and /or the person in charge of team if they knew of the ineligibility

I can guarantee you this that if you asked any DDSL team if they could be in breach of this same rule then you will find that there are plenty, so much so that probably most underage leagues (especially premier) would see a number of teams ejected.

There is something more to this than meets the eye.

and I really don't know how it belongs in the humour thread...Yes the FB page is a bit naf but I think it's important that people realise how stupid the DDSL/SFAI have acted in this case.

Its alleged this rule only got introduced after the summer AGM after a request by the Kildare and District underage League proposed the motion-also the gentleman in question was the former secratery of Kilnamanagh FC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Leiva wrote: »

another interesting fact is the rule only got introduced after the summer AGM after a request by the Kildare and District underage League proposed the motion-also the gentleman in question was the former secratery of Kilnamanagh FC.

The plot thickens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

FFS I heard about this a few weeks ago and it's stupid. Get the lads back out playing football. We're surrounded by idiots running football all over this country,

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    The plot thickens.

Alleged I must add and edit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Guaranteed that it wouldn't be the same decision if it was Kevins being charged here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Very harsh to kick a team out of the league for something like this, but I assume they are just trying to use them as an example to scare other teams off breaking this rule. I'm sure a points deduction would have gotten the message across just as well though, don't want to potentially scare a bunch of teenage boys off playing football for life. Had never heard about this rule personally, does anyone have any idea how strictly it is implemented? Surely some of the bigger clubs have players travelling from much further than 49km to play for them.

Leiva said that it was proposed by the Kildare District League that this rule be introduced, I know it is a common issue down here in Kildare a lot of the better players leaving their clubs/league and going to play their schoolboy football in Dublin. Would be really surprised if this stopped it, they will surely find other ways around this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm secretary of my club in the KDUL. Two of our better under 15's were signed by aDDSL club last summer, after having a successful year in Kildare and while a were very disappointed to lose the lads, we wouldn't stand in their way, and wished them the best of luck in their new club.

This case is an interesting one, and I can't help thinking that there had to be more to the sorry. On the surface, it seems very unfair to the lads themselves, but every officer at that club should know of the consequences of breaching the 49 km rule, but the secretary and/or club registrar should be especially accountable, in my

I would suggest that the club look first at who broke the rule, and who knew they were breaking the rule. But like I said, I bet there is more to this than what's on that Facebook page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

The schoolboy FAI needs to have a serious look at its own rules. They need to introduce something that says that all schools children should be allowed to play football as much as is possible. Provided a team is not violent/a danger to others then the rest of their games should remain. If a team signs an illegal player o get an advantage then take that away in points. A large points deduction would be fine.

It's the same as the schools competition where they threw out loads of schools cause the teachers couldn't register properly. thousands of kids not playing.

Then when the schools organise a competition between themselves in the spring the refs are warned not to ref the games.

As I said SFAI should do everything in their power to allow kids to play football never the opposite.

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I'm secretary of my club in the KDUL. Two of our better under 15's were signed by aDDSL club last summer, after having a successful year in Kildare and while a were very disappointed to lose the lads, we wouldn't stand in their way, and wished them the best of luck in their new club.

This case is an interesting one, and I can't help thinking that there had to be more to the sorry. On the surface, it seems very unfair to the lads themselves, but every officer at that club should know of the consequences of breaching the 49 km rule, but the secretary and/or club registrar should be especially accountable, in my

I would suggest that the club look first at who broke the rule, and who knew they were breaking the rule. But like I said, I bet there is more to this than what's on that Facebook page.

Yes I agree there is more to this than meets the eye.

Its alleged Kilnamanagh FC seeked advice about this particular rule and was assured by a senior member of the DDSL that it was fine, hence why they paid for an appeal which unfortunately upheld the original decision..

It looks like they may be making an example of Kilnamanagh but that stinks if true.
    Kilnamanagh is a big club but not one of the big guns of the DDSL who are also clearly in breach of this same rule, and I can say that confidently on an open forum, as those good folk involved in these same big clubs know I'm right - there must be EGM's being held this week up and down Dublin.
    Kilnamanagh has strived in recent years to put in all the best facilities and resources to compete at the upper end of schoolboy football, and fair play to them. their new professionally laid/maintained home pitch is fantastic, and the new astro pitch is a fantastic resource from the kids academy from 5yrs+ all the way up to the senior teams.
    Now they have a talented U15 premier team doing nothing !

The difference in coaching in some DDSL teams compared to those teams outside the city is vast. Some elite talented kids wanna play for the best teams, and not be the only starlet in a team getting hammered 5-0 in cup games etc week-in-week out.
    Yes this 49km rule promotes those elite players to stay local, but I really cant see that being to the benefit of grass roots football, and the future of Irish football as a whole. imo the best kids should be professionally coached and play together.
    I really dont want to get into that debate on this thread as it think it should just concentrate on the case and punishment in hand for Kilnamanagh being kicked out of the DDSL premier u15 league because of the 49km rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I agree the merits of the 49km rule should be parked for this discussion..... That's for another thread, perhaps.

Again, it's not fair on the lads on the team, but the club themselves need to be held responsible for this in my opinion - The onus is on them to know the rules.

They obviously were aware of an issue if they sought clarification from a DDSL official, and surely, surely, they put that in writing, and didnt just make a phone call.....

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

I could name three Dublin based schoolboy clubs that are breaking that rule at the moment with kids from Laois.

A couple of questions:
    Can any of those boys play for another team now their club has been ejected from the league?
    How well were the team doing in the league?
    Were they punished because the KDL brought the matter to the SFAI/DDSL, or did the SFAI just investigate the issue off a whim?

Surely Kilnamanagh the club - and I agree entirely what Leiva said about the infrastructure of the club - would have intimate knowledge of other teams across the age groups that are violating this rule week in, week out? Why don't they present something to the SFAI and seek similar punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

KDL sectretary is ex Kilman secretary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yesterday was a sorry day for the parents players and managers of Kilnamanagh U15 premier team, as they played their last friendly match together as a team. Some of these players have played together with this club since they were 7 and 8, and it is heart breaking to watch the team disband in search of new clubs.

We would like to thank the managers for all their hard work over the last couple of years making these lads they players they are today. We would like to wish all of the players the very best of luck in the future with their new clubs.

Thanks again to all of the people who supported our campaign on Facebook and in the media to highlight this injustice, from all the players and parents.

Heartbreaking for the players. I really can't believe the higher ups allowed it to go this far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Absolute nonsense the whole thing.

Makes a complete shambles of the whole grass roots crap banded around by the current CEO.

This is not a level playing field, and this fiasco has shown more glaring holes in the management and direction of Irish Football

SFAI runs the nippers but really dont get involved. DDSL runs itself.

Reading this article gives 3 stand out OMFGs and insights into how it all works.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/kilnmanagh-u15-ddsl-sfai-banned-fran-ray-855158-Apr2013/?utm_source=shortlink

pint for anyone who spots the 3 things ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Probably deserves its own thread but strong rumours that the DDSL is after leaving the SFAI and will no longer be taking part in SFAI competitions including the Kennedy cup. Sounds like it could be as a way to avoid the 49km rule IMO, although could be for multiple reasons. Not good for the DDSL to hold so much power in schoolboy football in this country, they really do run it themselves. Can anyone confirm if this is true? The FAI really should step in and sort out this mess if they can.

Probably deserves its own thread but strong rumours that the DDSL is after leaving the SFAI and will no longer be taking part in SFAI competitions including the Kennedy cup. Sounds like it could be as a way to avoid the 49km rule IMO, although could be for multiple reasons. Not good for the DDSL to hold so much power in schoolboy football in this country, they really do run it themselves. Can anyone confirm if this is true? The FAI really should step in and sort out this mess if they can.

Heard the same, hope its true.

Advertisement