If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu Ray Home Cinema and possibly TVs

Options
  • 25-03-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for any recommendations and best price for a 5.1 home system (just need one of these) with Bluray, wall-mounted speakers, ideally 3D and SMART features with a tight budget. Models that have caught my eye are listed below, and am interested in your opinion on any and to see what sort of price you could do for a Boardsie!
    Samsung HT E4500 - Seems to be best seller on Amazon.
    LG BH6220S - Another very popular model from what I can see, although not sure if I'm mad about speakers with material on the front (more dust to clean!!) as opposed to a metal grill.
    Pioneer BCS 323 - Came across this on eBay but can't find it many places and zero reviews online! Any thoughts on it? Do you supply it? Seems good as more HDMI sockets on it?

Am I right in saying regardless of people complaining of short cable length with some of these systems it's a simple cable to splice with your own one and just two wires inside, or are some different?

If it helps with discount I'm also looking to pick up two 40/42" TVs and am liking the likes of the Samsung UE40ES6300 (esp due to built-in satellite tuner) and LG 42LM620T (like the look of this one) if you could do a bundle deal on the three things I need! Happy for two different TVs to give me chance to try all of their smart features.

Thanks,

Gareth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

One other option I've come across is the BDVN590, although it's a bit more expensive. How would you rate that compare to the others? With Sony needing their own cable attachments would it be easy enough to extend/splice or whatever needs to be done if room is already wired for this?
    Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

g0g wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for any recommendations and best price for a 5.1 home system (just need one of these) with Bluray, wall-mounted speakers, ideally 3D and SMART features with a tight budget. Models that have caught my eye are listed below, and am interested in your opinion on any and to see what sort of price you could do for a Boardsie!
    Samsung HT E4500 - Seems to be best seller on Amazon.
    LG BH6220S - Another very popular model from what I can see, although not sure if I'm mad about speakers with material on the front (more dust to clean!!) as opposed to a metal grill.
    Pioneer BCS 323 - Came across this on eBay but can't find it many places and zero reviews online! Any thoughts on it? Do you supply it? Seems good as more HDMI sockets on it?

Am I right in saying regardless of people complaining of short cable length with some of these systems it's a simple cable to splice with your own one and just two wires inside, or are some different?

If it helps with discount I'm also looking to pick up two 40/42" TVs and am liking the likes of the Samsung UE40ES6300 (esp due to built-in satellite tuner) and LG 42LM620T (like the look of this one) if you could do a bundle deal on the three things I need! Happy for two different TVs to give me chance to try all of their smart features.

Thanks,

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortunately out of the 3 systems selected we don't stock any at the moment :(

One of the better all in one systems at the moment would be the Panasonic SCBTT590 currently priced at  £299.95.  Excellent sound and features.  The speakers can also be wall mounted so ticking a lot of boxes.  It does use its own speaker connections but attaching them to different cable shouldn't be a problem.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/panasonic/scbtt590/pana-scbtt590

Nice choice on TVs there.  Unfortunately due to the silly prices at the moment there isn't an awful lot we can do on them :(  Current price on the Samsung is £569.95.  And the LG is sitting at £549.00 which also includes a free 5 year guarantee.

Hope the info provided helps.

Chris

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortunately out of the 3 systems selected we don't stock any at the moment

One of the better all in one systems at the moment would be the Panasonic SCBTT590 currently priced at  £299.95.  Excellent sound and features.  The speakers can also be wall mounted so ticking a lot of boxes.  It does use its own speaker connections but attaching them to different cable shouldn't be a problem.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/panasonic/scbtt590/pana-scbtt590

Nice choice on TVs there.  Unfortunately due to the silly prices at the moment there isn't an awful lot we can do on them   Current price on the Samsung is £569.95.  And the LG is sitting at £549.00 which also includes a free 5 year guarantee.

Hope the info provided helps.

Chris
    Thanks Chris,

Appreciate the reply. Very tempted by that Panasonic system (reviews everywhere very positive) but a little beyond my budget as was planning on spending max € 250.... Anything you can do on the £ 300 or any cheaper options? Also do your prices include delivery and if not where would I be collecting from?

Thanks,

Gareth

Edit - can you give me a total quote if I were to buy all three from you including delivery? 1 x LG, 1 X Samsung and 1 X Panasonic system? If it were the right price I'd be able to make a fairly quick decision!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Chris,

Appreciate the reply. Very tempted by that Panasonic system (reviews everywhere very positive) but a little beyond my budget as was planning on spending max € 250.... Anything you can do on the £ 300 or any cheaper options? Also do your prices include delivery and if not where would I be collecting from?

Thanks,

Gareth
    Gareth,

yep, according to the reviews that Pana system is the ONE!

Unfortunately we are already on the bone price-wise - I'm pretty damn sure you won't find one cheaper anywhere in Ireland though...

Delivery on the Pana would be £12.95

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Gareth,

yep, according to the reviews that Pana system is the ONE!

Unfortunately we are already on the bone price-wise - I'm pretty damn sure you won't find one cheaper anywhere in Ireland though...

Delivery on the Pana would be £12.95

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John,
    Sorry just edited my previous post if you could review to give a total price for all three delivered - any way you can do some sort of discount on a bigger order like that?
    Regards,
    Gareth

• Advertisement

Thanks John,
    Sorry just edited my previous post if you could review to give a total price for all three delivered - any way you can do some sort of discount on a bigger order like that?
    Regards,
    Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Again I don't think there is an awful lot we can do :(  Best I could do is try and make the delivery a little bit nicer.  How does £1,459.80 for all 3 delivered sound?

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Gareth,

Again I don't think there is an awful lot we can do   Best I could do is try and make the delivery a little bit nicer.  How does £1,459.80 for all 3 delivered sound?

Let me know what you think.

Chris
    Thanks all, appreciate that and will get back to you directly.

Thanks all, appreciate that and will get back to you directly.
    No Problem at all g0g.

Just give us shout if you have any further questions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.