Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent - whose agent?

Options
  • 25-03-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

just wandering on behalf of who the estate agent act?
    is it the seller or buyer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

niarb wrote: »
    Hi all,

just wandering on behalf of who the estate agent act?
    is it the seller or buyer?

Seller

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

are you really asking this question ? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Seriously even if you know nothing at all about property why in the world would somebody act on the behalf of one party when they are being paid by the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Just to explain if you put your house with an estate agent to sell you pay them a fee and they act on your behalf. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 niarb

thanks.

does the estate agent can sell its own house saying that he/she is working on behalf of seller but not mentioning that the house is his own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

thanks.

does the estate agent can sell its own house saying that he/she is working on behalf of seller but not mentioning that the house is his own?

While it may not be best practice, I don't see the advantage, before contracts are exchanged it will be clear who the owner is and the buyer can pull out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Ritchi

thanks.

I was in that situation a few months ago, and then did a bit more digging into the EA, which led me to pull out.

Could be the same guy?

Advertisement