Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beaumont Hall / General Beaumont Area

Options
  • 25-03-2013 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm thinking of taking an apartment in this complex, and I'm just wondering if anybody has any info on it ? Are most of the apartments there owner occupied, or rented ? What is the management company like, and how sound proof are the walls (I don't want to live in a place where I can hear my next door neighbour coughing !!).

Also, I'm not very familiar with Beaumont - it's Dublin 9, which I'm guessing is a good thing :) Is the area generally pretty safe, particularly around the hospital ? How does it compare to other areas nearby such as Artane, Drumcondra, Glasnevin ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

beaumont is a very good area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

+1 ^^^
    Lived in Beaumont for 6 years & never had a problem,nice area,don't know much about Beaumont hall though,sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

beaumont is a very good area.

Agreed.
    Quiet and usually peaceful.
    Mostly everything on your doorstep, shopping centres omni and artane castle. Not a massive number of restaurants but your fairly close to town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Decent public transport in the area, loads of activities down the road at Donneycarney Community Centre (especially for kids) and Tolka Park is just a few minutes down the road...just in case you fancy supporting Shels :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Beware of Beaumont Hall though, from the Beaumont Road all the way to the far reaches of Beaumont Hall is a LONG way, and you'd be better climbing a wall to Kilmore for public transport than walking to the Beaumont Road imo, you're talking at least a 15-20 minute walk from some of the houses/apartments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated. The area seemed decent enough but no harm to have a few second opinions :)

@Baldy Conscience: are we definitely talking about the same place ? I've already been once, and it's pretty much outside the main entrance to the hospital, and there seems to be a bus stop across the road from the hospital entrance roughly. Or do you mean that most buses only stop on the Artane end of Beaumont Road ?

Anybody have any insight on the complex itself at all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If you're near the main road, you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IsThisOneFree

Been doing a bit more research - BaldyConscience, I think you might be thinking of Beaumont Court, which is a bit further from the main road than Beaumont Hall. Both complexes seem to be identical pretty much though

Anybody have any insight on the complex at all ? Or does anybody even know if it's mostly renters, or owner occupiers ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement