Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching English in South America

• 25-03-2013 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

Hi Everybody. I'm starting a TEFL course next month and my long term plan is to live and work somewhere in South America for 6 months to a year (more than likely Argentina as they offer a working holiday visa). Just wondering if anybody has done similar and how they got on in general and with finding work.

Thanks.

Comments

• I would give Argentina a miss. Two of my friends are recently back from there. Both are CELTA qualified with years of teaching experience and speak fluent Spanish and they couldn't really find any work. The economy is in the sh*tter there (as it always seems to be). You might have more luck in Chile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭haveabanana

OK thanks for the advice, Santiago looks good..

Advertisement