Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warm foreign surf camps

Options
  • 25-03-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

Hello

I'm looking into going to a sunny foreign surf camp.

I was in Portugal a couple of years ago and had a great time and learned the basics and had been going to bundoran once every month or two but havent been for about a year for a few reasons.

I'd call myself an advanced beginner. I can get up in white water and had been turning slightly but not got out the back or up on green waves.

I'm looking for a surf camp somewhere warm and sunny where I can get some good coaching in a nice location for me and the boyfriend who's a few levels up in his surfing skills than me! Has anyone any good reccomendations for good locations and surf schools?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

I have just booked a trip with ezsurftravel.com (No affiliation) to France in June. Check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

I have advertised some of the EZ surf tours,all reports from attendee's have been positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

I've gone to Homegrown Surf camp based in Corralejo in Fuerteventura. Great sun, fun and surf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

Calima surf, Lanzarote

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Thanks for the tips all, ive some investigating to do now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭6541

Will you tell me how ya get on, thinking of going first week in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 charger123

Was in Lanzarote a fews back, went to Famara. Definitely ticks the box of warm weather and great surf. Would highly recommend. The only issue with Famara is the wind (plenty of it!). There are other spots if Famara is blown out. Lanzarote is a small island so you can get to most waves with 40-50 minutes max.

Advertisement