Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrician in calgary

Options
  • 22-03-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

I understand to challenge the red seal in Alberta you need 8750 hours and 72 months i have my trade cert so the hours would be OK but i would not have the required months. is there anyway round this? did anyone tell a white lie and say they have the 72 months done when really they didn't?;) i no its not ideal but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ondadole

Calgary22 wrote: »
    I understand to challenge the red seal in Alberta you need 8750 hours and 72 months i have my trade cert so the hours would be OK but i would not have the required months. is there anyway round this? did anyone tell a white lie and say they have the 72 months done when really they didn't?;) i no its not ideal but hey ya gotta do what ya gotta.[/QUOTE

They turned down my application for that very reason. I had 11000 hours and 58 months verified from one employer back home and my application was refused. I guess I was lucky in the end; I got to appeal and was able to provide enough evidence that I had sufficient months, with different employers, around 100 if I'm not mistaken.
    But to answer your question, I got rejected because I only had 11000 hours and 58 months on my original application, and they did contact employers at home. Unless you made an agreement with your employer back home to back you up and say you worked for 72 months when they contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

thanks for that message looks like i will be doing that so:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tedboy

hey am going to calgary in may and just wondering can i get a job as qualified irish electrician or would i better off doing the red seal exam and if so can it be done in ireland or be better off doing it there?? if anyone knows about this it would be great thanks

you might get a job as at a reduced rate but since electrical is a regulated trade in alberta its actually a crime to work in it without the red seal. to challenge it you need your trade cert then proof of 72 months and 8750 hours. so bascially your trade cert and a further 2 years. the red seal cant be done in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tedboy

Thanks so move over and do the course there?can it be done in calgary or where best place to do it and find work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

hmmmmm calgary22,u a new poster? seem very similar to an older one !

what does it matter. the op asked a question i gave the answer.

purely out of curiosity is all !!

ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

**** No need to speculate on a poster's identity. Remember the Terms of Use (http://www.boards.ie/content/terms) state that you will not "identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user" *****

• Advertisement

well i didnt think i was if u read my post but anyway,fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Mod note:
    Electrician thread merge

• Registered Users Posts: 2 seamus1988

hi im an industrial electrician from kk moving to calgary in june . Will i have much trouble finding work ?

Advertisement