Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrical

• 25-03-2013 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone here any good with electrics on aegs near cavan, i shorted out my m4 and need help, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

matty1994 wrote: »
    Hi, anyone here any good with electrics on aegs near cavan, i shorted out my m4 and need help, thanks

Where on the aeg did the short occur?, how did the short happen? what kind of damage did it do?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

im honestly not 100% sure where it shorted but i put in a rear wiring loom from my other m4s gearbox, put the gun back together, connected up the motor, put the battery in and after pulling the trigger, alot of smoke came from the pistol grip and from the crane stock where the battery was, when i took the motor and battery out they were both really hot and the connection too the battery had melted, the motor didnt go when i pulled the trigger btw just smoke!!

im honestly not 100% sure where it shorted but i put in a rear wiring loom from my other m4s gearbox, put the gun back together, connected up the motor, put the battery in and after pulling the trigger, alot of smoke came from the pistol grip and from the crane stock where the battery was, when i took the motor and battery out they were both really hot and the connection too the battery had melted, the motor didnt go when i pulled the trigger btw just smoke!!

This is why people should always leave the fuses in :rolleyes: or if not at least install one, did you connect the motor up correctly?, was the battery in good nick?.

This is why people should always leave the fuses in :rolleyes: or if not at least install one, did you connect the motor up correctly?, was the battery in good nick?.
    I Was debating on the fuse because my other m4 worked fine without one:/ and im going to put one in tomorrow after i re wire the whole gun:/ yeah everything was done correctly and the battery is literally brand new

I Was debating on the fuse because my other m4 worked fine without one:/ and im going to put one in tomorrow after i re wire the whole gun:/ yeah everything was done correctly and the battery is literally brand new

Any aeg will work fine without one, but the idea if a fuse is to protect the aeg in the event of a fault, essentially saving components like wiring, connectors, motors etc from being damaged.

I'd hook your motor up to a 9v battery and test to see if it works you can the rule out it out as being a fault, test your battery in a different aeg to see if it runs ok, then check the polarity of your current circuit making sure all positive and negative cables are not cross connected. Check for signs of burn or scouring on the gearbox shell.

Best of luck

• Advertisement

Any aeg will work fine without one, but the idea if a fuse is to protect the aeg in the event of a fault, essentially saving components like wiring, connectors, motors etc from being damaged.

I'd hook your motor up to a 9v battery and test to see if it works you can the rule out it out as being a fault, test your battery in a different aeg to see if it runs ok, then check the polarity of your current circuit making sure all positive and negative cables are not cross connected. Check for signs of burn or scouring on the gearbox shell.

Best of luck
    Yeah ill have my multimeter and insulating tape at the ready, and thanks:)

Advertisement