Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap sofa

Options
  • 25-03-2013 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭

im looking for a cheap sofa preferably a corner sofa, anyone know of any sales coming up for easter looked in harvey norman today but the prices seem to have shot up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭you2008

im looking for a cheap sofa preferably a corner sofa, anyone know of any sales coming up for easter looked in harvey norman today but the prices seem to have shot up

got this my self
    http://www.dfs.ie/sofas/fabric-sofas/desire/

was e40 voucher as well before 25th of Mar, but no harm to ask ...:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Have a look in Argos and also at The Furniture Liquidator.

http://thefurnitureliquidator.ie/

I bought a beautifull brown 3 seater leather couch off them for feck all euros....was 749 euro...bought it for 360 euro.:D

Diamond Furniture (used to be called Diamond Living) are also having a sale at the moment with 70% off all stock

http://www.diamondfurniture.ie/

Also no harm to have a look at Big Mickey too.Very good and lots of happy customers.

http://www.bigmickey.ie/shop/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I saw a few new and almost new sofas for around £200 on gumtree. You could try gumtree and donedeal as well... but you would need to have access to a van to get real value.

you2008 wrote: »
    got this my self
    http://www.dfs.ie/sofas/fabric-sofas/desire/

was e40 voucher as well before 25th of Mar, but no harm to ask ...:D

That same sofa is €100 cheaper on their UK site. Anyone know if they deliver over the border of will they pass you over to the .ie site?

What about this one? Looks smaller though... http://www.bigmickey.ie/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=1900

That same sofa is €100 cheaper on their UK site. Anyone know if they deliver over the border of will they pass you over to the .ie site?

What about this one? Looks smaller though... http://www.bigmickey.ie/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72&products_id=1900

bigmickey has the exact same one as dfs for 1250, just let you know...:D

• Advertisement

1250 is dearer

DFS are a seriously overpriced and think that their clever TV ads will sucker people into buying of them.

Not a bleeding hope of me buying offf of them.

paddy147 wrote: »
    DFS are a seriously overpriced and think that their clever TV ads will sucker people into buying of them.

Not a bleeding hope of me buying offf of them.

paid over 3 year without interest is not bad at all, plus you get what you paid ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

dfs have a sale this weekend, nice leather corner sofa for 599, fingers crossed they have one in stock and not a long wait, no word on harvey norman yet ? if anyone hears anything please let me know

any thoughts on this one guys, would it be ok or weak

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8235286.htm

• Advertisement

Big and very comfy.

They had one on Display in Homebase recently (homebase and Argos are owned by the same bigger company).

Theres also 1 on display in Argos,Swords....comfy enough to fall asleep on.:)

paid over 3 year without interest is not bad at all, plus you get what you paid ....

You stil pay more...they know this aswell.

Cash is king and of you go into to other shops you will get a good deal on a sofa.....if you are prepared to show the cash and haggle hard.

If you dont get a good deal,then you walk out and go to the next store and you play 1 store off the other.

Thats how I do things and it works.:).

On display in Homebase.

Big and very comfy.

They had one on Display in Homebase recently (homebase and Argos are owned by the same bigger company).

Theres also 1 on display in Argis,Swords....comfy enough to fall asleep on.:)

Well Overall size H80, W216, D163cm VS H93cm, W284cm, D213cm, that a bit different....

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭furmi

We got one in bigmickey.ie in Longford but its called "Infinity" in DFS. The "Desire" in DFS looks very similar except the arms are more rounded on the "infinity". It was in DFS for €2398. Bigmickey was flagging €1250 but haggled him down. Bigmickey will haggle unlike some other shops. If you buy a few bits from mickey he will always do a deal. We also got the "Infinity" large Swival Chair which was in DFS for €1598 but bigmickey was doing a deal on it for €399 if you bought the sofa and €199 for the foot stool which was over €600 in DFS.

The best bit was, we bought it on a Sunday and had it delivered from Longford to Swords the very next day. Free delivery and the lads were really helpful in placing it where we wanted it. Bought from bigmickey.ie before and will always check in with him before going anywhere else.

furmi wrote: »
    We got one in bigmickey.ie in Longford but its called "Infinity" in DFS. The "Desire" in DFS looks very similar except the arms are more rounded on the "infinity". It was in DFS for €2398. Bigmickey was flagging €1250 but haggled him down. Bigmickey will haggle unlike some other shops. If you buy a few bits from mickey he will always do a deal. We also got the "Infinity" large Swival Chair which was in DFS for €1598 but bigmickey was doing a deal on it for €399 if you bought the sofa and €199 for the foot stool which was over €600 in DFS.

The best bit was, we bought it on a Sunday and had it delivered from Longford to Swords the very next day. Free delivery and the lads were really helpful in placing it where we wanted it. Bought from bigmickey.ie before and will always check in with him before going anywhere else.

Exactly my point regarding DFS.

Way way over priced and they are nothing special either.:rolleyes:

Oh and well done on what looks/sounds like a very good deal and delievery service from Big Mickey.:)

Exactly my point regarding DFS.

Way way over priced and they are nothing special either.:rolleyes:

Oh and well done on what looks/sounds like a very good deal and delievery service from Big Mickey.:)

Yes Paddy- way over priced and if you watch when big mickey puts on these offers they (DFS) drop their price so if big mickey was'nt doing the discounts then DFS would still be getting away with it.

Yes Paddy- way over priced and if you watch when big mickey puts on these offers they (DFS) drop their price so if big mickey was'nt doing the discounts then DFS would still be getting away with it.

I walked in,had a good look around and I laughed out loud at the prices.

Then I walked back out.

I walked in,had a good look around and I laughed out loud at the prices.

Then I walked back out.

But the strange thing is Paddy that they are still doing a big business. I know that the most of their sales are most likely on credit as when I went in to DFS the sales guy kept saying " € per month" rather than the cost of the suite. €10 or €20 a week seems a great deal.....NOT

But the strange thing is Paddy that they are still doing a big business. I know that the most of their sales are most likely on credit as when I went in to DFS the sales guy kept saying " € per month" rather than the cost of the suite. €10 or €20 a week seems a great deal.....NOT

I know.....thats exactly what they are playing on and thats how they will get people to buy from them with regards the economic climate

But thats what also gets people into trouble too.

Buy something that way more expensive than it should be.....and then.....Commiting to a loan style payment plan...and if things go tits up and bills cant be paid....well no need to say any more.

Have to say that they aint anything special........far better choice and better deals to be had elsewhere than from DFS.

• Advertisement

Anyway,I will bow out now.

Happy hunting OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Posted this in BA, these have 3 piece suites in leather for between €300 - €500 at their store in Clonroche Co.Wexford.

http://landkfurniture.com/

Not sure where the OP is but there's a place in Drogheda I was in recently in Mell (brother started working there, so I popped in to say hola). Place is called Logan's Furniture Outlet and the stuff seemed fairly reasonably priced (though I'll admit to not being an expert on furniture prices).

Only real pricing I'd ever see is Argos if they're doing a sale, or Harvey's when I'm walking past the furniture down to the electrical section, but Logan's prices seem to be noticeably cheaper than both theirs (that said, swings and roundabouts as they say, I'm sure they're more expensive for some things than the others, I didn't really take a detailed look, but just thought I'd mention the name incase the OP was nearby and it might be work a wander in).

im in cork, still hunting, i went to some places advertising factory prices, stuff looked nice but not comfortable at all, looks like cheap imports

Advertisement