Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new TV

Options
  • 26-03-2013 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hiya
    We need to buy a new TV - but with Saorview/ Freeview and LCD and LED - its very confusing.. this will be second telly for the kitchen when octonauts are going steady in the sitting room!! size between 28 - 32".. Not costing a fortune either.. (not asking for much!)

any advice / recommendations would be great..
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

powercity are generally the cheapest.

lcd/led dont matter at the low end, does not matter which

All tv sold in ireland have saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I would go with Samsung or LG. I would recommend going into Currys and checking the model before comparing prices online.

I'm not sure about Saorview because I live in the North so you'll have to check that a freeview TV works with Saorview. To be honest you're probably better with a cheap Sky subscription. I prefer LED over LCD but there isnt a huge difference. Make sure its 1080 full HD and not 720 HDready.

Something like this maybe?:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE32EH5000-32-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B007JURCH8/ref=sr_1_8?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1364397509&sr=1-8

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

thanks a million that samsung one looks class alright.. good price too.. happy easter..

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

annetted wrote: »
    thanks a million that samsung one looks class alright.. good price too.. happy easter..
    Im not 100% sure if that TV is Saorview approved or not. You can see that the basic code is on the approved list here except for a couple of digits at the end. Maybe email samsung and ask before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,154 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This appears to be the same TV in Argos UK and this answer (click "browse" and go to next page) under the Q & A's confirms that it is Saorview approved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement