Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What age is the best age in your opinion?

• 26-03-2013 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Are your teenage years the best years of your life?

Whats it like being over thirty, Do you have less energy than say your twenties?

What about being over forty or even in your fifties, does life change that much?

Do people generally become happier as that get older?

So far for me 23 was the best age best age but im not much older than that so i dont have a wealth of experience.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Bronze Age ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

College years were the best by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Pulse and a hole'll do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The age of empires, it was so good they made a game about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

I liked mostly the ages at my prime, especially 17 and 31.
    Hope that helps.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

im only 24 but when i was 19 19 20 i had more energy and had more fun in general maybe the celtic tiger had something to do with it though?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

42, obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

That question has many variables.

My teens were great for many reasons. Exploration, freedom etc
    My twenties were great for other reasons. Responsibility etc
    My thirties are going well so far.

I hope I see my 70's....80's can fcuk off though. I hope I'm gone before then.

I will answer, twenties. It was one complete "age" that I had complete freedom to make my own choices and suffer the consequebces of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Heh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

17-18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Early 30's. You stop giving a fuck about what other people think. Downhill from there :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

33 live in the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

30. old enough to know but young enough to get away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

0 to 1 was pretty great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The age I am now. 19. Mad Craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

7. Played Lego all day without people bitching at me to find work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I'm 21, I think this is a pretty good age!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

the time right before you start worrying about your age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

14 - horrendous cos you haven't a clue and you think everyone else does
    17 - amazeballs, sorted study work party work on 3hrs sleep not a bother
    College whoo hoo
    23 - proper job, money money. Work party work all good
    27 - an awareness more sleep required, but life is good.
    31 - bills, kids, money vanishes , bills, staying in us the new going out
    35 - money gone, kids able to be left with sitter, so work home go out a bit sleep is do much fun. Mainly work and home but glimpses of pre kid lifestyle keep you going
    Starting to see freedom again
    Life is good

Really op each stage brings its own pain and wonder. Enjoy today for today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

New age is the best age

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd say mid to late 30's, for a man anyway(I can't speak for the ladies). If you're in relatively OK fettle anyway. It's that sweet spot between yay I'm movin and groovin and oh god why do I grunt when I move and groovin is well out of of bounds. This can vary depending on the individual's health, mental outlook and relationship status of course. I knew plenty of guys who were 25 going on 55 and 55's going on 35 in my time. But yea I'd say 35ish. For a bloke anyway.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

Zaph wrote: »
    42, obviously
    Nah, I'm 42. Muscle has started to shrink away sneakily, I keep meeting new people that are fitter and stronger than me. I can no longer confidently say I'd batter em. They'd probably stand a good chance of batterin me. I also no longer have infinite energy to deal with stuff. As a man, 42 is definitly not the best age. I preferred 20, tbh. I am not looking forward to 50. On the upside, I'm a lot more worldly wise and confident. But I still miss being young and strong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

There was another thread like this ages ago.

Dwork wrote: »
    Nah, I'm 42. Muscle has started to shrink away sneakily, I keep meeting new people that are fitter and stronger than me. I can no longer confidently say I'd batter em. They'd probably stand a good chance of batterin me. I also no longer have infinite energy to deal with stuff. As a man, 42 is definitly not the best age. I preferred 20, tbh. I am not looking forward to 50. On the upside, I'm a lot more worldly wise and confident. But I still miss being young and strong.

Is it important for you to feel you can batter people???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Age 3.

Played all day and mammy took care of the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Lapin wrote: »
    There was another thread like this ages ago.

Tell us all about it, Grampa Simpson!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Early 30s. Money to do what you like, old enough to do what you like and not care what others think, still in good shape.

Under the "Half + 7" rule, can still sleep with 22-23 year olds.

All in theory mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

efb wrote: »
    Well if I could at 20, I suppose I'd mourn that loss later on. Luckily an 8 year old girl, in pigtails, with a wowwypop could have battered me from age 10 on(she'd be fooked when I was 9. Hard I was), so never suffered such a loss of perceived vigour. What you never had you'll never miss :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

efb wrote: »
    Honest answer? Yes. I'd be on the muck-savage side of working life tbh, it's a skill that comes into play reasonably often. Don't expect you to either understand or accept that, but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I really enjoyed 22.

Honest answer? Yes. I'd be on the muck-savage side of working life tbh, it's a skill that comes into play reasonably often. Don't expect you to either understand or accept that, but there you go.

are you a Door Man? Or Danny Dyer? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Dunno what age. They say life begins at 40, but I'm willing to believe as early as 30. Would you trade the vigour of youthful physicality for a more rounded, assured, cultured personality? There is probably a balance to be struck

because there's any number of youths in sportswear in these times that seem to overly depend on the inevitability if their youthful physicality. even if just to show a clean pair of heels, and it will inevitably wane and then what will they fall back on?! is a real concern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

21 of course! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Nah, I'm 42....

If only you knew the question ........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Nuclear Wheelchair

HUNDRED

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

27, I loved it. It's nearly grown up but it's young enough to give the '"it wasn't me" excuse.

I'm 43 now and I utterly love it but I'm still pulling that 27 year old line off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

As they say, "the best is yet to come". Could be bs tho.

17 was good and I actually preferred it than being 18 at the start. Something about the thrill of breaking rules and feeling like it could only get better.. then you turn 18 and realise it'll be down hill from here on out.

I like it a lot now tho :p I just have a feeling I'm going to be the type of person that will find getting older VERY difficult.

I've about a month and a half left on my age, I'm more or less out of my relationship, so I may as well live it up to the absolute utmost...

I might die :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The 20s I think for me personally.

It's probably when a man is at his strongest physically.

I read somewhere that a mans sexual peak is between 17 and 20 but not sure how true that is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I read somewhere that a mans sexual peak is between 17 and 20 but not sure how true that is.

I love that science based stuff. Vagueness is so underrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

The 20s I think for me personally.

It's probably when a man is at his strongest physically.

Big misunderstanding there, a man's testosterone peak is at 18, not his sexual peak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

That question has many variables.

My teens were great for many reasons. Exploration, freedom etc
    My twenties were great for other reasons. Responsibility etc
    My thirties are going well so far.

I hope I see my 70's....80's can fcuk off though. I hope I'm gone before then.

I will answer, twenties. It was one complete "age" that I had complete freedom to make my own choices and suffer the consequebces of them.

yeah, me too, im very responsible like :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

The age that was the 80's. im a 90's kid sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

College years were fun. However I learn something new every day. The best version of me is the current one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Are your teenage years the best years of your life?

Whats it like being over thirty, Do you have less energy than say your twenties?

What about being over forty or even in your fifties, does life change that much?

Do people generally become happier as that get older?

So far for me 23 was the best age best age but im not much older than that so i dont have a wealth of experience.

Tom I thought you were in your 60's by now ???:confused:
    1ZRed wrote: »
    As they say, "the best is yet to come". Could be bs tho.
    Total bs
    .. then you turn 18 and realise it'll be down hill from here on out.

You only think that cause you hear older, bitter people saying it. Then when something vaguely bad happens it confirms your preprogrammed fears. Its called confirmation bias - look that up - knowing what bias is will serve you well.

Just because older, bitter people say that (and by very definition those who say its all downhill after 18 are the old and bitter people). The people who have experienced better times as they got older by and large don't talk about being young because they are enjoying the now and not reminiscing to their youth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

You need a new job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

A few days short of my 25th and I'd say 16/17 was the best age for me. I was in transition year and I had a girlfriend that was mad for it, would love to go back to that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

A few days short of my 25th and I'd say 16/17 was the best age for me. I was in transition year and I had a girlfriend that was mad for it, would love to go back to that time.

Or just get a 17 year old girlfriend who's mad for it.

College years were a laugh but 23-25 has been better overall. Looking forward to the next 5.

• Advertisement
Advertisement