Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size Butler Creek Covers for Sidewinder?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

I'm awaiting the arrival of a new Hawke Sidewinder 30 6-24x56. I'd like to line up Butler Creek flip-up covers in the mean time.

Measuring the scope and using Butler Creek's fit guide NEVER seems to work....

Can any of you who already own this scope tell me what sizes fit??

(I know it comes with cheapo covers but my preference is for BC)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 reidy87

Slightly off topic but i was thinking of getting the same scope for my 17hmr, any chance you could do a review??

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

Someone must be able to answer this one??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Use a calipers, measure the ocular lens (outer), and the objective lens (outer) then refer to the chart to see which suits best.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Use a calipers, measure the ocular lens (outer), and the objective lens (outer) then refer to the chart to see which suits best.

Thanks but as per OP I've previously found that method unsuccessful. I was hoping to avoid the bother of buying ill fitting covers online as I'm sure someone else has already found the correct sizes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I just used the caps that came with the rifle, but if you use the chart and measure you can get the right one.

So if you measure the front housing, and it's 62.1 mm then getting size 47 (62.5) might be a little loose, so go with 46 (61.7).

The increments are so small that you should be able to get a proper fitting one. It would be different if the sizes went up in 2 mm increments. You'll find you are too big or small.

Don't go too small. So if 46 works don't go for 45. If you go too small then you "mis-shape" the cap, and have issues keeping it closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

I now have the covers. In the event that this info might be helpful to someone else, the sizes are 48 Objective & 19 Eye.

Advertisement