Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft

Options
  • 26-03-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hey lads, I've a slight problem with my gun, I recently bought a gun on here and had it out yesterday and I found that every once and a while when I pulled the trigger it wouldn't fire and I had to unplug and plug in the battery again for it to work this wen on the whole day and got very pestering any idea what the problem may be and how to fix it?
    Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

What type of gun is it exactly? This usually happens when the battery isnt strong enough to drive the motor, or the motor isnt strong enough to drive the gearbox.most likely the battery though

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Chrisbellew

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    What type of gun is it exactly? This usually happens when the battery isnt strong enough to drive the motor, or the motor isnt strong enough to drive the gearbox.most likely the battery though
    It's a CA HK416, I have 3 batteries and its the same case in all them so maybe it's the motor?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Ca motors are usually ok, try getting a bigger battery off a mate like a 9.6 or a lipo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Try switching from semi to auto when the problem happens again, then switch back to semi again. Sound like "lock up" to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

what does it do when it doesn't fire? does the trigger still pull to the back or does it lock? if you can still pull the trigger is there a noise as if the motor is trying to turn or is there no noise at all?

• Advertisement

Try switching from semi to auto when the problem happens again, then switch back to semi again. Sound like "lock up" to me.
    I know about trigger lock its happened to me before on a different however this is definitely not trigger lock

T4RGET wrote: »
    what does it do when it doesn't fire? does the trigger still pull to the back or does it lock? if you can still pull the trigger is there a noise as if the motor is trying to turn or is there no noise at all?
    The triggers till pulls alright and the motor makes no noise at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Check your motor connections, if your positive it is not your gearbox locking up then it is electrical. Is you motor or battery getting warm if you press the trigger dispite nothing happening?, is their a fuse in your aeg?.

Could be cold you know, cold weather can really effect batteries.

Check your motor connections, if your positive it is not your gearbox locking up then it is electrical. Is you motor or battery getting warm if you press the trigger dispite nothing happening?, is their a fuse in your aeg?.

Could be cold you know, cold weather can really effect batteries.
    There doèsnt seem to be a fuse the wires go straight to the gearbox, it's not weather I've tried it at room temperature as well and it's the same story, would it be worth bringing into the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

There is possibly a problem in your trigger switch itself.
    Maybe one of the prongs on the female part has worn down or broke off.
    Or it could be your switch block itself.
    It will have to be taken apart to investigate, if there is nothing obvious with the extrnal parts.

Have you tried a new battery (or a friends battery)?
    Can you try the motor in another aeg to check it is working as it should?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

What battery connections are you using? Tamiya or Deans?
    If Tamiya - make sure all the contacts are actually making contact with each other in the connections, this could be the issue.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    What battery connections are you using? Tamiya or Deans?
    If Tamiya - make sure all the contacts are actually making contact with each other in the connections, this could be the issue.
    I'm using Tamiya ill check all the connections to see if they're the way they should be

Advertisement