Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging with 500mA

Options
  • 26-03-2013 12:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I was hoping to plug my HTC car dock into the USB port on the back of my Kenwood head unit, however according to this the Kenwood port only puts out 500mA. I presume this will just charge 50% slower, and there isn't any risk? Just said I'd check before I plugged in.

EDIT: Going the other way, I could stick one of these behind the dash but they're rated at 1.5A max. Will they deliver 1.5A or just the 1A the HTC handset usually takes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

You won't do any damage with the 500mA. Just charge really really slowly. You may however have problems even keeping a charge if you run the phone with the screen and gps on. Sometimes handsets need a little more than 500mA just to stay alive.

The second one will be fine. It's rated as 1.5A but that's the max. The HTC only draws 1A at its max so no probs there.
    dahamsta wrote: »
    I was hoping to plug my HTC car dock into the USB port on the back of my Kenwood head unit, however according to this the Kenwood port only puts out 500mA. I presume this will just charge 50% slower, and there isn't any risk? Just said I'd check before I plugged in.

EDIT: Going the other way, I could stick one of these behind the dash but they're rated at 1.5A max. Will they deliver 1.5A or just the 1A the HTC handset usually takes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks. Reckon I'll go with the Power link one so, maybe stick another one in the dash for guests while I'm at it. :)

Advertisement