Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tripod Nightclub

Options
  • 26-03-2013 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what ever happened to this place?

Went there once about a year ago but it has since shut and can't find much about its shutting online. Used to be a massive venue. My mates who turned 18 before me or who had ID first said it used to be class when they opened it all up. So many stairs and places to go.

Been wandering around looking for a dacent (intentionally written) club ever since for a friday/ saturday night but can't seem to find one. Quite the bohemian one might aptly say!

Discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The Pod group went into receivership over bad loans and was bought out. The complex had yet to be put to use. Last I heard it was going to become another mega club but this time in the Coppers style.

It was occasionally a good place but suffered from being so large when it declined in popularity - it seemed quite empty at times and the floor plan of the main room was too open. Perhaps it struggled against other venues as dance music became more mainstream.

I always rather liked Crawdaddy, especially in the days of Antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

BOHtox wrote: »
    Anyone know what ever happened to this place?

Went there once about a year ago but it has since shut and can't find much about its shutting online. Used to be a massive venue. My mates who turned 18 before me or who had ID first said it used to be class when they opened it all up. So many stairs and places to go.

Been wandering around looking for a dacent (intentionally written) club ever since for a friday/ saturday night but can't seem to find one. Quite the bohemian one might aptly say!

Discuss

Workmans Club? Lost Society?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

No chance of getting into the Lost Society if the OP is only 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

cson wrote: »
    No chance of getting into the Lost Society if the OP is only 18.

19 years young:cool:

Been to the Lost Society twice. It's terrible! I was there for C.U.N.T. and on a Friday, I think. Both times were terrible! There does be like a dozen people there!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

BOHtox wrote: »
    19 years young:cool:

Been to the Lost Society twice. It's terrible! I was there for C.U.N.T. and on a Friday, I think. Both times were terrible! There does be like a dozen people there!

You're going to the wrong nights so, it can be packed.

Try Pygmalion, Twisted Pepper, Grand Social that kinda thing.

Although I have to agree with you that generally Friday can be a bit sparse at times. I've had a good few Saturday nights out in TP, Pogo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I reckon Tripod suffered when it became one mega-venue, instead of keeping it The Pod, The Redbox and the Chocolate Bar.

Used to love the aul Redbox, getting ourra me box :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Twisted Pepper

I always enjoy TP when I go there. Good place.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

The tripod complex is being turned into a mega club. it will be called the marquee club. I think with an extra bar called the iveagh

I am not sure on opening date or where development is up to. but it is progress as far as I know.

in terms of other dance clubs besides what has been mentioned:

Andrews lane theatre
    Everleigh Garden
    Madison
    Avenue
    kitchen

may be worth a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Try Pygmalion

Bouncers aren't the brightest that work there!
    liffeylite wrote: »
    The tripod complex is being turned into a mega club. it will be called the marquee club. I think with an extra bar called the iveagh

I am not sure on opening date or where development is up to. but it is progress as far as I know.

in terms of other dance clubs besides what has been mentioned:

Andrews lane theatre
    Everleigh Garden
    Madison
    Avenue
    kitchen

may be worth a shout.

Everleigh is fairly strict, Madison doesn't have a set age restriction so I've heard they use that too their advantage, and the Kitchen can be "odd" at times, love the place but the crowd can be all over the place. Hate ALT, always have and never been to Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Bouncers aren't the brightest that work there!

Everleigh is fairly strict, Madison doesn't have a set age restriction so I've heard they use that too their advantage, and the Kitchen can be "odd" at times, love the place but the crowd can be all over the place. Hate ALT, always have and never been to Avenue.

I've only been there the once in Pyg, but liked the inside and the music was good ( GERD international act playing the night I went).
    I didn't really notice bouncers... although It was a bitch trying to get served at either bar on the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Surprised no one has mention Dandelion or Alchemy yet. Both are pretty good clubs. Play is one one D'Olier street that I went to twice. Not great but I think it's alright.

ALT is terrible. 212 moved from ALT to D'Olier street and it's a bit better now.

The point is ALT is terrible!

Advertisement