If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha YSP2200 Surround Soundbar

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jamesk_irl wrote: »
    Hi there - possible to get a deal on the Yamaha YSP2200?

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=&sub=&productid=1174

I am torn between this and the Sonos Playbar but think the Yamaha is the better package.

Looking at upgrading my old 32 inch Bravia to a Panasonic TX-P50GT50B.
    As an aside how do you rate this versus the Sony KDL-46HX853

thanks

Hi James,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

Our best price on the Yamaha 2200 is £749.95 at the moment.  It's a great soundbar and also very good connectivity wise.

Would the HDMI inputs etc on the Yamaha interest you?  If not I'd strongly suggest the Sonos Playbar.  Unreal sound from it, also if you currently have a Sonos system at home you can work it along with it.  Can add on the Sonos sub and the Sonos Play 3 for rears.  Current price on the Sonos Playbar is £599.95.

Unfortunately we never stocked the GT50 range so I can't really comment on the quality.  Panasonic have never disappointed so I'd imagine it's great.

The Sony was very impressive.  It's now on its way out, same as the GT50 so it might be a bit of a mission trying to source them.  I know we can't get the Sony anymore.

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi there - possible to get a deal on the Yamaha YSP2200?

https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=&sub=&productid=1174

I am torn between this and the Sonos Playbar but think the Yamaha is the better package.

Looking at upgrading my old 32 inch Bravia to a Panasonic TX-P50GT50B.
    As an aside how do you rate this versus the Sony KDL-46HX853

thanks
    James,

2 additional little bits...

...I'm happy to do a Boardie Easter Weekend Free Delivery deal on the Yamaha YSP2200 if you are interested ( and yep I agree - the audio quality is better than the Playbar..) 

..Alternatively we are happy to charge you the standard £14.95 delivery and give you a free Monitor Ideck 100 (fantastic product!)

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-i-deck-100

Have a look at the review from What Hifi where the iDeck 100 received a 5 Star review at £200!!

ideck-100.large.jpg

If you give us a shout this evening or tomorrow we should be able to get them to you just in time for the Holiday weekend,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Sorry to OP for jumping in!!! 

John, can you send me a PM with pricing for the YSP2200 please. Got a new TV recently and the sound is brutal to say the least.

Cheers,
    Moo

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jamesk_irl

No worries Moo - I ordered the YSP today - looking forward to Thursday evening.

John Mc and crew - a couple of questions to save my headache on Thursday evening connecting the YSP to a Panasonic TX-P50GT50B

I have a Popcorn Hour A400 media player - i assume i connect this to the YSP using HDMI then connect the YSP using HDMI to the ARC option on the TV.

Only one other thing to connect - an old Pace set top box http://www.upc.ie/pdf/PaceDC221.pdf
    Currently this is connected using a Scart to AV adapter to the AV input on the TV.

So a have a couple of outputs available on the Set top box
    Scart to AV adapter
    Optical Out
    Audio Left and Right

What's the best way to set this up?
    Scart to AV Adapter to the AV input on the TV and Optical Out from STB to Opitical In of the YSP?

Thanks for the help

No worries Moo - I ordered the YSP today - looking forward to Thursday evening.

John Mc and crew - a couple of questions to save my headache on Thursday evening connecting the YSP to a Panasonic TX-P50GT50B

I have a Popcorn Hour A400 media player - i assume i connect this to the YSP using HDMI then connect the YSP using HDMI to the ARC option on the TV.

Only one other thing to connect - an old Pace set top box http://www.upc.ie/pdf/PaceDC221.pdf
    Currently this is connected using a Scart to AV adapter to the AV input on the TV.

So a have a couple of outputs available on the Set top box
    Scart to AV adapter
    Optical Out
    Audio Left and Right

What's the best way to set this up?
    Scart to AV Adapter to the AV input on the TV and Optical Out from STB to Opitical In of the YSP?

Thanks for the help

Hi James,

Hope the soundbar has landed with you ok :)

Spot on with the media player just HDMI straight in to the soundbar.  And again spot on with the ARC from the TV to the amp :)

On the set top box best bet is optical from the box straight in to the soundbar.  On the back of the soundbar I believe the optical inputs have titles beside them 'TV' etc.  This will already be assigned to the soundbar so just select that source and you should be good to go.

If you've any issues getting set up just let us know.  We're here til 7pm tonight and then open 10am - 4pm tomorrow.

Chris

• Advertisement

Thanks Chris.

All arrived and installed.

The gf loves the Monitor ideck.

YSP all hooked up as per above. 
    Viera Link took care of the CEC aspect - the TV remote controls the YSP volume + on/off. Also switched the speaker output to home theatre.

There was one more cable to add - a yellow video cable from the YSP to the Panasonic using the AV2 Video Input. This is supposed to allow the Setup screen of the YSP viewed onscreen. One small glitch - i can't seem to get this working. When i go to AV2 i just see a black screen.

I ran the Auto Set Up directly on the YSP for intelibeam to work so the system is working now.

Any advice on what i am doing wrong? Would love to get the Setup of the YSP on the tv and tinker around more.

Thanks again

Thanks Chris.

All arrived and installed.

The gf loves the Monitor ideck.

YSP all hooked up as per above. 
    Viera Link took care of the CEC aspect - the TV remote controls the YSP volume + on/off. Also switched the speaker output to home theatre.

There was one more cable to add - a yellow video cable from the YSP to the Panasonic using the AV2 Video Input. This is supposed to allow the Setup screen of the YSP viewed onscreen. One small glitch - i can't seem to get this working. When i go to AV2 i just see a black screen.

I ran the Auto Set Up directly on the YSP for intelibeam to work so the system is working now.

Any advice on what i am doing wrong? Would love to get the Setup of the YSP on the tv and tinker around more.

Thanks again
    Hi Jamesk_irl.

I'll need to bust out the manual and give it a read over.

I'll get back ASAP, although it might not be today nut I'll do my best.

Glad you are happy otherwise with the Soundbar as it really does sound fantastic.

Hi Jamesk_irl.

I'll need to bust out the manual and give it a read over.

I'll get back ASAP, although it might not be today nut I'll do my best.

Glad you are happy otherwise with the Soundbar as it really does sound fantastic.
    thanks Kenny.

very happy yes but if you could help that would be great - sure it is something simple i am missing

thanks Kenny.

very happy yes but if you could help that would be great - sure it is something simple i am missing
    Hey Jamesk_irl.

Once you have connected the Yellow video cable to the TV have you then selected that channel on the TV?

Hey Jamesk_irl.

Once you have connected the Yellow video cable to the TV have you then selected that channel on the TV?
    Yes I selected the AV2 channel - video option - just black screen :(

• Advertisement

Yes I selected the AV2 channel - video option - just black screen
    I'll go hook our display one up and see if I can get it working. Hopefully I won't be too long!

No worries Kenny - no rush - whenever you have time

All sorted.....
    Yellow video cable should not be plugged in directly - do'h

All sorted.....

Hi James,

Glad ya got sorted :)

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

All sorted.....
    ooooooooooooooooohh dear..

... I've had a week like that as well!

:o

Hope you enjoy the YSP2200 - it's a F A N T A S T I C bit of kit!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.