Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under-graduate degree

• 26-03-2013 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Always wondered what the piece of paper actually says.

Is it the usual name of graduate in bold signed off by the head of department or what?

Are final year exam results from each year written down explicitly or just the overall mark i.e first, 2.i, 2.ii etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

You can get fake ones done online as far as i can remember (im to lazy to Google it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Mine's in Latin.

I can make out that it has the course name and overall grade. Sin é. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Most are in Latin. All the NUI ones from UCC, UCD, Maynooth and NUIG are practically the same, just the university crest and the signature at the bottom is different I think. They have the graduation date on them and whether it's a BSc, BA etc. It says the grade on it too from what I remember. Your final year results are not on the degree certificate, they are on the transcript.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ozzz

And do employers generally look for the transcripts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

ozzz wrote: »

Depends really, some do and some don't. My current employers asked to see my transcripts from college but that was they only time I was asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Mine just says "Smart Bastard"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

To pre-empt your next question, a craftily concealed Capri-sun full of kids p1ss should see you through the medical no worries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Yamanoto wrote: »
    To pre-empt your next question, a craftily concealed Capri-sun full of kids p1ss should see you through the medical no worries.

How do you get the kid to piss in the capri sun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The Trinity ones officially make you a protestant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Word of advice, The online fake degree websites are practically all a scam. They'll ask for about 200 quid up front and you'll not get a degree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Word of advice, The online fake degree websites are practically all a scam. They'll ask for about 200 quid up front and you'll not get a degree.

And you tried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Are we brainstorming? :D

Eh ok...maybe decant from a larger Um Bongo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I'm drinking Capri Sun at the moment. Duuudes. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

And you tried?

Ha, well yes and no, I have a real degree, but I was looking into changing the field and getting one from a different university. Done some research, found out they're all a scam, went ahead to see for myself and they asked me for money through western union.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,804 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Word of advice, The online fake degree websites are practically all a scam.
    That's kind of the point, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I can do you up a reference if you like OP... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭amacca

I dont know.....go on!

(oooooh I'm so excited, if this is half as good as why the chicken crossed the road I'll be set up for the rest of the day)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yep, a lot do.

And when I started my job they were looking for payslips from a job I had 6 years ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Always wondered what the piece of paper actually says.

Is it the usual name of graduate in bold signed off by the head of department or what?

Are final year exam results from each year written down explicitly or just the overall mark i.e first, 2.i, 2.ii etc.

They usually have the College president or Registrar sign them and they have a seal too

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭amacca

I'm drinking Capri Sun at the moment. Duuudes. :(

Are you sure?....I mean really sure, was it sealed before you started drinking it?

cos you wouldn't believe the amount of capri suns filled with kids piss just lying around on the supermarket shelves these days

they are an integral part of todays modern lifestyle that evolved in response to the ubiquitous are "you a druggie?" tests that some pesky employers seem overly fond of

If you don't have a Capri sun kids piss edition an iPhone and a fake degree cert your'e literally fcuked these days........yep, your'e lower than a hoop ear-ringed, oompah loompah, be-tracksuited scummer if you aint got those sister

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Wasn't common in the boom, but now I'd be very surprised if they weren't asked also multinationals will have an agency do a background check on you (I had one done on me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Mine says first class honors on it

Mine is in English, thankfully, so I know exactly what mine says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

NUI ones don't actually have the grade on them.
    They have a bunch of Latin, saying that it's the national university of Ireland.
    The only bits which change are your name, the award, and the date of graduation.

But the last nui degree I saw not only had a seal on it, it also had a print on the paper which you could see when you held it up to the light and a mark on the back which (I think ) said it was UV sensitive.

I'll come back in a bit with the actual text from the degree scroll.

ETA:
    Universitas Hiberniae Nationalis

Testantur hae literae Gradum
    Baccalaureatus in Jure Civili
    Honoro Cursu Confecto
    Universitate Hiberniae Nationali apud
    [?]tium, quae Universitas particeps Universitatus
    Hiberniae Nationalis rite contituta est
    ad
    HOW SO JOE
    delatum esse
    Die [date] Mensis [month] [year]

Mine says Jure Civili, which is a BCL, but replace that with whatever degree you have, like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Those business degrees from Aldi are just printed out on the register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

donvito99 wrote: »
    The Trinity ones officially make you a protestant.
    Trinity make Capri-Sun?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They usually have the College president or Registrar sign them and they have a seal too
    They could at least have used a dolphin :rolleyes:

Advertisement