Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When y'just can't catch a break!

• 26-03-2013 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

So AHers,

Ever get one of those days where you just can't catch a break?

I've been off boards for the last couple of weeks because my internet modem went faulty. I went down to the O2 shop earlier today to get it fixed. Had to give them a €50 deposit for a "loaner" 'til my one is fixed. Just got home, and now my mobile phone has lost the run of itself. :(

Have to go back tomorrow. Probably another deposit required.

I could have bought a Cypriot bank for less. At least then I'd have got to swivel round in a pretty cool chair for a while.

Anyway, as the title says, any stories where you just couldn't catch a break?

Choco

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

have a kitkat

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tearwave

So AHers,

I've been off boards for the last couple of weeks because my internet modem went faulty. I went down to the O2 shop earlier today to get it fixed. Had to give them a €50 deposit for a "loaner" 'til my one is fixed. Just got home, and now my mobile phone has lost the run of itself. :(

I could have bought a Cypriot bank for less. At least then I'd have got to swivel round in a pretty cool chair for a while.

Choco
    What a horrifying experience, I hope you get through it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Tearwave wrote: »
    Indeed - NSFW !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I used to be a crackhead. Now I'm a junkie. C'est la vie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

A harrowing tale OP. My thoughts are with you and your family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tearwave

ColeTrain wrote: »
    A harrowing tale OP. My thoughts are with you and your family
    Thoughts.

Thoughts and prayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

A couple of years ago I lost 3 family members in the space of a month.

You keep on trucking OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Tearwave wrote: »

We can but hope. Unfortunately, I had the Samaritans on speed-dial,...but their number is in me phone.:o

Will this hell never end?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

I've ran out of beer, I think might have to go to bed :(

I know what you're going through, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

My feet are cold.

I'll put on me slippers.

Fcuk it, I don't have any slippers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Right now i can't even catch a fcukin disease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Laptop battery is running low, charger is in other room...sigh*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

So AHers,

Choco
    You should have watched "No time to Die" on RTE1 last night. It would have put your issues into perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

My whole life is like that. Bad luck seems to follow me like a constant companion. I swear, if I was an albino, I'd have black dandruff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

A couple of years ago I lost 3 family members in the space of a month.

You keep on trucking OP!!

You think that's bad, i once lost a really hot chicks phone number after a one nighter. It could easily have been a several nighter but no, i had to go and loose her fúcking number:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

When i was in oz I decided to leave Sydney and go Perth, gave my notice and bought my plane ticket...so first of all I missed my flight to Perth because the car broke down, had to pay for another, got to Perth and the people I was sharing with informed me some itallian guys they met while fatmin were also goin to be staying. So I had to share with them aa tiny room while they pranced around naked.

all attempts to get a job were futile so I rang my old boss on syndey to get my job back he said no problem, rang my old housemates no problem. So on the day I was scheduled to depart I realised I missed my flight by a whole day and once again paid for another.

upon arrival in Sydney the wwheel of my suitcase broke so I had to lug twenty kg anda ten kg bag 2 on public transport to get to randwich. I arrived at the house unable to wake the housemates up. I had spent 2 hours waitinin outside. I decided to give the old boss a ring, to see when I could start again. as of that morning he informed me he had been arrested and sacked off his job.

so little money rent due and no job, I didn't know what to do. to make matters worse I received a phonecall informing me I got the traffic controller job in Perth and when could I start. or was at that point I sucked it up and said I'd return home. after a break up out there which forced me to leave Melbourne for Sydney (on a train which broke down so was 14 hours in total) I had enough

since I've returned home a year ago, I got a awesome job and having the time of my life, cant help but laugh lookin back!

Advertisement