If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boston xs 2.1 system

Options
  • 26-03-2013 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hi, do you guys still sell the boston xs 2.1 system?
    could you recommend alternatives if not?
    thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jkp wrote: »
    thanks

Hi jkp,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we don't stock the 2.1 system anymore :(

We've got a nice price on the Onkyo HTX22HDX.  This is a great 2.1 system with the amp built into the sub.  It also gives you the option of adding in a centre and rear speakers if you wanted to go for 5.1 later on.  Sound quality from the speakers is excellent for all the size of them.

Current price on this is £244.95.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/onkyo/htx22hdx/onky-htx22hdx-blk

Let me know what you think

Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

thanks
    JKP,

we actually can get the XS2.1 system - we have lots of them available in our main UK warehouse - but we just don't stock them locally in Ireland.

They are excellent speakers - actually significantly better than the 5.1 XS system
    Have a look at the system specs here:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/boston-/xs-digital-cinema/bost-sndware-xs-2.1b

showimage.php?image=310665-1.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260

We have them available in either White or Black 

The normal price is £249.95, but we are discounting them to £219.95 at the moment and I actually do them at £219.95 with free delivery on a Boardie extra special dealette!

We can grab these for you on a short lead time - if you are interested just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie or a PM or of course give us a call on 048.90.33.00.44

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jkp

that's... hard to argue with :)
    how does the soundware unit fare against the onkyo in terms of sound quality in your opinion?
    i don't really see myself upgrading to 5.1 anytime soon, although having the option is never a bad thing. feature wise the bluetooth streaming on the boston system is something i could really use...
    anyhow i hope to be in touch by email soon once i've finances sorted,
    cheers guys.

JKP,

we actually can get the XS2.1 system - we have lots of them available in our main UK warehouse - but we just don't stock them locally in Ireland.

They are excellent speakers - actually significantly better than the 5.1 XS system
    Have a look at the system specs here:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/boston-/xs-digital-cinema/bost-sndware-xs-2.1b

We have them available in either White or Black 

The normal price is £249.95, but we are discounting them to £219.95 at the moment and I actually do them at £219.95 with free delivery on a Boardie extra special dealette!

We can grab these for you on a short lead time - if you are interested just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie or a PM or of course give us a call on 048.90.33.00.44

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

that's... hard to argue with
    how does the soundware unit fare against the onkyo in terms of sound quality in your opinion?
    i don't really see myself upgrading to 5.1 anytime soon, although having the option is never a bad thing. feature wise the bluetooth streaming on the boston system is something i could really use...
    anyhow i hope to be in touch by email soon once i've finances sorted,
    cheers guys.

Hi jkp,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I use the earlier version of the Onkyo and I'm very impressed with it.  The main thing that sold me was the option of going 5.1 if needs be.  Still renting at the moment so can't really start running cables etc.  The sound quality of the Onkyo is great in my opinion.  It's also good that you can change the front speakers if you wanted.   

The bluetooth streaming on the Boston is very handy.  Soundwise its fantastic for such small speakers.  Such a neat system with a great sound.  

I'd the say the price John has offered on the Boston is too good to turn down.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.