Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know how to download a song for aPowerpoint presentation?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Non-techie person here needing help. I would like to download the song 'We're off to See the Wizard' to play during a slide on a powerpoint presentation. Is it difficult and how do I do it?

I only need it to play for a few seconds, so from 'were off to see the wizard..... if ever a wizz there was'.

Any help greatly appreciated. It is not overly important that I have it, but I think it would help lift my presentation.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I suppose you have two options here.
    1 Find a CD with the song and rip it to your PC
    2 Find it on YouTube and record the audio using something like Audacity.
    I think you can get plugins that do this automatically but I don't know any offhand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

While there are ways to legally get the song for free, there are also issues with using it in a presentation.

Overview of Using Copyrighted Material in Your Presentation

(Irish legislation may differ)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I assume you'll be downloading a clip with a license like Creative Commons or similar:
    1. Install firefox
    2. Install this addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashgot/
    3. Download the video clip
    4. Extract and cut audio using you favorite video/audio editor
    5. Use the audio in presentation

Advertisement