Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 28g load?

• 26-03-2013 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭

What's your favourite 28g load for turning Clays into dust and why?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Eley Superb.

More expensive than Olympic, but absolute clay busters. No miss fires, hang fires. Just consistent, reliable performance.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

Hi rc 2,3,or 4 shells you get what you pay for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I like RC and GB cartridges.
    I find the GB have good killing power also when after the pigeons compared to any other 28gr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭landyman

Where in the country can you get eley suberbs and how much can only get olympic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Fiocci Gold Speed, won numerous Olympic medals and world championships.

You pay for what you get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

Hull DTL 300's... lovely soft kick.

OR

Hull Pro One (Red). Very fast and a great hard hitting pigeon cartridge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭raymo19

Fiocchi F Black are incredible shells. They just inkball clay target's with mod choke. Problem is you inkball the first target of a pair and spend too long looking at the dust forgetting about the next target. They do shoot tight however and will show up any weakness in firing pins etc as they have the hardest primers.

Kind Regards
    Raymo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

Thanks for the replies. I do like the Hull shells meself, I've never tried the Fiocci, RC or Superb. I must pick up a box of each and for my next day out and see what's what. Cheers lads, and keep 'em coming!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

i use the eley olympics and find them grand, i swapped some for superbs and missed with those too :D:D ..... they are recognised as better from what i'm told but they are about 60euro dearer per 1000!!! its the cost that sends me to the olympics i'm afraid, mulvihill in ballymahon sells both, and lakelands shooting centre sell the RC's which are a good shell too

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭superlite

raymo19 wrote: »
    Fiocchi F Black are incredible shells. They just inkball clay target's with mod choke. Problem is you inkball the first target of a pair and spend too long looking at the dust forgetting about the next target. They do shoot tight however and will show up any weakness in firing pins etc as they have the hardest primers.

Kind Regards
    Raymo

Had a 1000 of the f black, found them a dirty shell, a lot of un burnt powder in the barrels, to my surprise it flared up when I threw it in the fire. A bit softer on the shoulder than my usual shells

• Advertisement

Hi Superlite,
    Your shells were damp not dirty. I have never experienced this with them and Im through circa 5-7 k. I have noticed them lighter on recoil than other shells also, amazingly considering the down range killing ability. These are the best shells I have used. Thats my own personal opinion.

Thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

Where do you get the f blacks? The places I go into have very limited choices in shells. Seems to be Eley Olympics or nothing????? Ha ha.

Got my last ones at Naul CPC. I believe they are not stocking them in future because they were not selling. Some brands of guns have problems shooting them due to the hard primers on fiocchi shells. Looks like I will have to switch back to Hull myself. Not a bad shell I suppose:eek:.

Thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 averagefox

lakelands stock f blacks at 210 a thousand i think!! they are a good hard hitting shell with low recoil but the RC red shot are a far superior shell but pricey..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭superlite

raymo19 wrote: »
    Hi Superlite,
    Your shells were damp not dirty. I have never experienced this with them and Im through circa 5-7 k. I have noticed them lighter on recoil than other shells also, amazingly considering the down range killing ability. These are the best shells I have used. Thats my own personal opinion.

Thx

I guess every day is a school day, although I haven't experienced this with other shells with the same storage area, and I always stick them on the radiator the night before. Saying that they shot well.

Hi superlite,
    I only learned that myself last week watching George dig weed slaughtering pigeon on YouTube, he made that very same comment about un burned powder in the barrel. Have a look at it some piece of shooting. F black are a very clean shooting shell.

Thx

Advertisement