Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Rate

Options
  • 26-03-2013 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just a quick one. My landlord keeps the ESB in his name and just charges us for units used every 2 months. He then multiplies it by .20 cent and that's what we pay. Do you think its a good deal? Bills never in our name.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I happen to have my last bill on me and checked that unit cost including VAT, standing charge and levy works out as 0.20113 so it does look like he's charging you a fair amount but it does seem like a strange idea to me. Would it not be easier and more transparent to actually give you the bill with the exact amount to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

bee06 wrote: »
    I happen to have my last bill on me and checked that unit cost including VAT, standing charge and levy works out as 0.20113 so it does look like he's charging you a fair amount but it does seem like a strange idea to me. Would it not be easier and more transparent to actually give you the bill with the exact amount to pay.

Suppose its easier for both parties, I just transfer the amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

daytime units are about 20c, but night-time units are about half that, so even with a standing charge you're probably being overcharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

daytime units are about 20c, but night-time units are about half that, so even with a standing charge you're probably being overcharged.

Assuming the OP has a dual rate meter that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

markpb wrote: »
    Assuming the OP has a dual rate meter that is.

Doesn't have a dual meter..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's actually a bargain as you are avoiding the standing charge and VAT.

Advertisement