Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company Charlesland

Options
  • 26-03-2013 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Our Management Company (presumably the one who destroyed the rows of daffodils on the the avenue my mowing them 3 years ago) had been sending us bills for a while. Despite the cancellation of the bus we never recieved a significant reduction of rate even though we live in a house. Our employment situations had changed so we sent a cheque for €50 with a letter asking for staggered payments. We recieved no reply for a while. Then last week we got a letter saying they had reported us to Stubbs gazette. We rang them. ''No we never recieved your letter'' Em! Our records show you banked the cheque! '' we never got the letter'' Use what word you like. Because that's what they are!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Which management company is it? What area of Charlesland are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Court. o farrell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

There was no significant reduction in the houses for the bus going.

so basically what you're saying is you've not paid your fees for three years, made very little contact with the management agents to explain your situation and enter a payment plan and you're surprised that you've been reported to stubbs.

regardless of your employment situation you are still required to pay your bills, just because you have a grevience with the agents and an emplopyment issue does not justify non payment. There's in excess of 1500 dwellings in the estate and a lot of people would have similar issues like yourself.

It also sounds like you've not attended AGMs or contacted your management committee who are residents of your estate who also ultimately would have decided to send your details to stubbs. Its not the agents who make these decisions, it will be your neighbours who volunteer their own time to contribute towards the estate.

I would suggest you call your management agents immediately instead of sending a letter.

Wh said I hadn't paid for 3 yrs. I paid last year. and part this year. I volunteered a payment plan. They denied recieving it. But yet the cheque was banked. They do poor work for high fees. Suggest you disappear back up ''your location''.

Cuddlycavies, can you clarify your complaint and re-ready your post before complaining because your grammer and spelling makes it terribly confusing.

If you have paid by cheque you should have a record of that cheque number. The bank will be able to prove who cashed it and the management ahents would have a record of that cheque on their accounts.

To me your inital post suggested you've only paid €50 in the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Folks - stop sniping, and drop the grammar nazi stuff

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Wh said I hadn't paid for 3 yrs. I paid last year. and part this year. I volunteered a payment plan. They denied recieving it. But yet the cheque was banked. They do poor work for high fees. Suggest you disappear back up ''your location''.
    Was expecting a significant reduction, but got none on latest bill. Will not pay until clarified.

Taken from: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73311032&postcount=12

Mmmm. Looks to me like your principled stand may have backfired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Eponymous wrote: »
    Taken from: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73311032&postcount=12

Mmmm. Looks to me like your principled stand may have backfired.

If you read the post correctly you will see that they paid last year, which was after their "principled stand"

yes that's correct and yes I have bank confirmation that cheque was banked by them this year. regarding principled stand. Spoke to them around that time and they went on with a lot of ****e about a sinking fund. Paid them. i dont think i deserved to be reported to stubbs because they couldn't be arsed to read a letter.

Cuddlycavies, for houses there was no significant reduction and i think this may have been clarified. to most you may have seen €50 as the bus cost approximately 100k between 1500 households. circa €66 each.

depending on your dwelling type and location in the estate this would vary, meaning you might have only recieved €10 reduction for a two bed townhouse or €80 for a 4 bed duplex or one of the penthouses. There never was any significant reduction.

you have to remember that the propertys combine to make an management company, which in charleslands case then combine to make an overall management company. The management company is like a co-op which shares the cost of services to provide significant services which a smaller estate simply could not.

To me, it still sounds like you didn't pay them and didn't communicate with them and its highly unlikely that they would have reported you to stubbs if you owed them less than €1000 (if you're in a house)

• Advertisement

€1000! are you off your rocker? Yes ,I'm in a house but the arrears were nowhere near that! I did correspond with them as I've explained. They chose to discard the letter and bank the cheque! simple!

€1000! are you off your rocker? Yes ,I'm in a house but the arrears were nowhere near that! I did correspond with them as I've explained. They chose to discard the letter and bank the cheque! simple!
    How much did you owe and how much was the cheque?

When was the last payment?

€300 and €50

That doesn't sound right, I would call then up with the cheque number of the cheque they cashed.

Of course I did and quoted the dialogue above.

What did they say?

Lied about the letter when sprung on the cheque. Set up a plan and said they would retract the report. But I think the damage is done.

Yeah difficult lot get things out of Stubbs alright. They will print a retraction in the report.

Advertisement