Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel dearer than petrol ?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Stopped ay Applegreen Service Station( One on Donabate road outside swords) last Wednesday 20th and was going to get fuel when I noticed Diesel was 161c and Petrol 152 a litre.

I asked a shop assistant in the shop why diesel was dearer and told it wasn't. I found a manager an made the same enquiry.

Turned out that someone in Head office in Limerick had set the prices the wrong way around and they had been selling cheap petrol and dear diesel for 3 or 4 hours until I brought it to their attention. I wonder were all Applegreen stations in the same boat ?

I was surprised that there wasn't queues for petrol at that price and no complaints from people buying diesel!

Advertisement